What's the weather like in Lanzarote mid October?

(5 Posts)
adifferentwoman Sat 03-Aug-13 18:44:41

Phew! Thanks for your comments. Am desperately in need of a break, so fingers crossed the sun prevails then!

FreckleyGirlAbroad Mon 29-Jul-13 11:16:22

I live in the canaries and can say confidently you will have sun in October, more than enough to get a healthy tan. Nothing like going to Mallorca in October.

INeedSomeHelp Sun 28-Jul-13 07:11:16

I haven't been to Lanzarote but I've been to Tenerife in both November and early December.
Both times it was plenty hot enough to sit by the pool all day. It was quite bizarre sunbathing whilst all the pubs and shops had Christmas decorations up!
I think we had one day of rain but we just used that as a shopping day and it was still warm rain!

We were in playa blanca last October. It was scorchio! Very hot & sunny for the whole week. I think it was actually a bit hotter than normal for that time of year.
A week or two later they had the most rain they'd had for years.

adifferentwoman Sun 28-Jul-13 06:39:16

We visited Menorca late May and had grey skies, wind and rain for 6 days, only getting to the beach in the sunshine on the last day - so unlucky. We've got a week off mid Oct and Playa Blanca in Lanzarote has been suggested to us. I know there's no guarantees, but if I go away again / spend loads of money to end up with more grey skies, I'll be miserable. So, if you've been to the Canaries at this time of year, what has it tended to be like? Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now