Barcelona - trying to find a cheap, cheap, cheap deal for 2 nights in August, not working :(

(26 Posts)
mummatotwo Thu 27-Jun-13 09:25:18

2 nights
10-12 August 2 adults flying from Emids, B'Ham
- just cant find a cheap deal for under £400 sad

Am I looking on the wronge sites??? Can anyone help please

ZolaBuddleia Thu 27-Jun-13 09:26:13

Have you tried OHBarcelona?

mummatotwo Thu 27-Jun-13 09:29:26

oh no, I will have a look thank you

ZolaBuddleia Thu 27-Jun-13 09:32:05

I got a really cheap perfectly nice apartment for a few nights through them a couple of years ago. They have a broad range of prices.

If you're thinking of a hotel how about lastminute.com? You'd have to hold your nerve and book at the very last minute to get a 'secret hotel' special offer.

mummatotwo Thu 27-Jun-13 09:38:18

Last minute - the flights are really expensive they dont seem to do low cost flights.

I'd rather book a flight + Hotel with the same company rather than do it separately.

Am I also correct in saying that the Rambalas area is best to stay - we just want to chill, look a roudn a bit and have nice meals in the evening and day time

ZolaBuddleia Thu 27-Jun-13 09:55:27

Ah, didn't realise you were booking hotel and accommodation with the same company. I'd reckon it'd be much cheaper to do it separately.

Hhm, only been there for a few days, but I know the Ramblas area is v busy, a bit like Covent Garden in London, lots of nightlife. I remember reading that the old city quarter(?) was quieter at night, but still near enough to walk to all the centre sights. I'm sure someone will come along to clarify that.

mummatotwo Thu 27-Jun-13 09:57:48

old city quarter sounds ideal ok so what airport do you fly into as Im trying to do it separately now and its asking for me to select all different airports!

ZolaBuddleia Thu 27-Jun-13 09:58:18

Are you looking for flights and accommodation for under 400?

mummatotwo Thu 27-Jun-13 10:05:23

yes blush if possible

Portofino Thu 27-Jun-13 10:12:54

Look at Skyscanner.net - I can see flights with Ryanair at reasonable hours for £95 per person.

www.booking.com for a hotel - I will have a look see if I can find you a bargain.

ZolaBuddleia Thu 27-Jun-13 10:14:56

No need for blush, I love a travel bargain myself! Just looked at Easyjet flights, and they come to over £300 before accommodation. And that's going from Liverpool.

ZolaBuddleia Thu 27-Jun-13 10:16:09

Come on Portofino!

mummatotwo Thu 27-Jun-13 10:19:04

I can only go from E mids or B'ham so will look now I didnt see the £95 ones

Portofino Thu 27-Jun-13 10:27:56

Bargain Not so central but pool and looks very swish.

Portofino Thu 27-Jun-13 10:42:30
Portofino Thu 27-Jun-13 10:50:36
Portofino Thu 27-Jun-13 10:53:16
Portofino Thu 27-Jun-13 11:02:11

Ryanaoir flights showing to me East - Midlands to BCN El Prat - £211 - and the hotels I linked to were all in Euros so all should be in budget with some left to get train into Barcelona.

mummatotwo Thu 27-Jun-13 11:31:26

amazing you 2 thank you!

I think the one that's central will be ideal we only have 2 nights so want to make the most of it

thank you again!

ZolaBuddleia Thu 27-Jun-13 11:32:57

I bow to Portofino's travel magic!

Portofino Thu 27-Jun-13 11:49:08

The gravina one? The location is really good and the reviews are perfectly acceptable. For 2 days you just need somewhere to sleep.

The train from the airport comes into Plaza Catalunya as I recall, so just a hop to the hotel from there. I love Barcelona. Gaudi buildings, and Parc guell are a must. Stroll down the Ramblas - go in the market, it's fab - to the seafront, aquarium etc. Lots of lovely bars in the Gothic quarter. Ignore breakfast at hotel and go out for churros and hot chocolate. envy

Portofino Thu 27-Jun-13 11:50:58

Ps I have used the Booking.com Website lots of times and never had a problem.

Portofino Thu 27-Jun-13 11:54:53

It is pickpocket central though - you have to be REALLY careful with your bags/money - I would get one of those pouches you can put under your clothes. It's still fab though.

thenightsky Thu 27-Jun-13 11:57:46

That one called Pillow is the best location I reckon. Been to Barcelona every year for the last 15 years. Fab place. Off on Sunday again! We have found an apartment to be a better deal really, combined with Jet2 flights.

The cheapest way to get from airport to City Centre is on the Aerobus. I think its about 6 euros each and has loads of space for suitcases. It runs about every 10 mins.

mummatotwo Thu 27-Jun-13 12:07:21

Yes I like this one too, I suppose London is the same for pick pockets just need to be cautious

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now