MALLORCA. Is it possible to find a small, family friendly, stylish hotel?

(10 Posts)
gillythekid Tue 28-May-13 21:07:23

I've never been to Mallorca but we have friends who have recently moved there. We want to visit, but we don't want to descend on them before they're settled so are looking for somewhere to stay. I loathe big hotels but we do need somewhere that is suitable for our 5 year old DS. Can anyone recommend a smaller, family friendly hotel with a bit of style in a resort with a beach suitable for small children that will still have vacancies in August?

magentastardust Wed 29-May-13 22:16:15

Its not on a beach but the Migjorn hotel in Mallorca is a rural hotel which is really nice. It is family run and very family friendly, was a few years since we stayed but we found it a great place to stay with a 3 yr old and baby.
Otherwise the Esplendido hotel in Soller is quite funky and is family friendly.

SanityClause Wed 29-May-13 22:20:27

The Illa D'Or in Porto Pollenca?

I've never stayed there. We've always rented apartments on the Pine Walk, but we have snuck a peek inside, when having a drink at the bar, and it does look very nice.

gillythekid Fri 31-May-13 20:54:26

I found the Migjorn and the Esplendido last week but they are both fully booked ALL summer, will check out the Illa D'Or though, thanks guys!

gillythekid Fri 31-May-13 21:25:20

Haha SanityClause, the Illa D'Or is 5 grand! 5 GRAND!!!!!!! I think we're aiming a little too high there...

JKO73 Sat 01-Jun-13 08:44:41

We've just come back from Puerto Azul Aparthotel in Puerto pollensa. Not fancy but clean, friendly staff and very child friendly. x

flowerpippin Sat 01-Jun-13 09:09:12

Miramar Hotel in Puerto Pollensa?

Very Spanish, old fashioned, great service hotel opposite beach. PP is family friendly and beach is good for children. It's not rustic though...

SanityClause Sat 01-Jun-13 09:22:47

Oh, sorry. As I said, I've never stayed there.

Don't look at the Barcelo Formentor, then! wink

emmameghan Fri 07-Jun-13 12:16:13

Hotel Bahia, puerto pollensa. Beautiful small shabby chic hotel on the beach. Rooms have been refurbished this year, we stayed last year, going again this year :-)

sergeantmajor Tue 11-Jun-13 12:46:34

This is a good choice in Mallorca for those with deep pockets - here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now