Puy du Fou - has anyone stayed at the onsite hotels?

(13 Posts)

Haven't stayed onsite but the park and shows are just incredible!

DCs were 7 and 5 when we went and it was an amazing day. We adored it - just managed to see every show by skipping all the other stuff and lots of high speed dashed between locations. Would love to go back and spend longer there to see it all. We argued for hours about which show was the best!

tilder Tue 02-Apr-13 18:34:24

Sorry about the lack of hotel chat. Was a bit of a thread hijack I guess.

I haven't been able to book tickets on their website either. So I guess its all full already (prob not) or their website isn't working properly at the moment.

LIZS Tue 02-Apr-13 17:27:40

Some of the experiences are a bit eerie. dd was just 7 and really didn't enjoy the one where the floor of the room moved and you went down as if in a huge lift to dark passages below. The dummies had projected faces which spoke !

Waswondering Tue 02-Apr-13 16:40:01

I think ds was 4 when we went and he enjoyed it ... Though this time he's done the Vikings etc at school and will enjoy it more.

No hotel chat? Oh well .... The concept of staying on site was appealing but don't think it's going to work out ...

gallicgirl Mon 01-Apr-13 23:07:16

Although a 4 year old would enjoy it, I think an older child would appreciate it more. I seem to recall seeing school trips of classes aged around 8 and up.
There's quite a bit of waiting around and walking as the park is large.

tilder Mon 01-Apr-13 23:02:13

Thinking of going too. Is 4 too young? Have been told its amazing.

Wolfiefan Mon 01-Apr-13 23:00:23

I nearly fainted! Take lots of water. Hats and water spray too. Perhaps hand held fans for little ones. (Wish I'd had one!)

Waswondering Mon 01-Apr-13 22:57:32

Oh, the Roman arena is I think the hottest place I have ever been to ...

Waswondering Mon 01-Apr-13 22:56:22

They will love it. Dc also 9 and 6 have been before and loved it but I think will really get it this year.

We have been to the evening thing pre dc and loved it. Hotel just feels like an oasis of luxury, but they are either booked out or have glitch on website.

Have a great time.

Kahlua4me Mon 01-Apr-13 22:49:29

Thanks for your reply. Kids will love it then as bored of computer games after about 5 minutes. So far anyway, sure it will change!

Will remember to take hats too.

Sorry for hijack, was wondering, hope you get your answers

gallicgirl Mon 01-Apr-13 22:39:58

Puy de Fou is awesome and your kids will love it unless they're the sort of kids who are permanently playing computer games.

Like any theme park, food is pricey so I imagine hotel is too. It also gets very hot in the arenas so hats must be worn.

I can't wait until DD is old enough to go.

Kahlua4me Mon 01-Apr-13 22:36:50

Sorry I can't answer your question, but can I cheekily ask you if you think our dc, aged 6 and 9, will like it there.

We are planning on going this summer as camping fairly near but do not know anyone who has been so can only go by what we have read online.

Waswondering Mon 01-Apr-13 19:24:36

We are contemplating a wee trip with the dc and reckon this year they might be old enough for the evening show, and we wondered about staying over but the website seems to not be letting us put the dates in to see how much etc. We have been to the park before but only as day visitors.

Anyone stayed there?

We are camping nearby and the thought of a hotel night is appealing! smile

Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now