Binibeca, Menorca - airport noise?

(7 Posts)
diabolo Sun 31-Mar-13 10:47:17

To be fair, noise from aircraft isn't a problem even in the few resorts under the flight path, it's not exactly Heathrow.

verity07 Fri 29-Mar-13 13:29:11

Ps driving round is nice and easy. I hadn't driven aboard that much before I drove in Menorca and I found it fine - roads weren't busy at all last time we went and that was in August so high season!

verity07 Fri 29-Mar-13 13:25:13

We also stayed in Cala en Porter - which was also nice but much busier. There were lots of bars and restaurants there, and although it was still family friendly, we preferred Binibeca! Also there are very steep steps down to the beach at Cala en Porter, which was ok for us but could be a problem if mobility is an issue. The walk to the nearby beach in Binibeca is much easier - and there is a lovely coconut shack style beach bar there! All this reminiscing makes me want to go back!

botandhothered Fri 29-Mar-13 08:33:17

No. Binissafuller, the next resort along, is affected by air craft coming in to land.
Binibeca is not. It is lovely and quiet. The mini market is expensive, so it's a good idea, if you can, to hire a car to do a big supermarket shop.

adifferentwoman Fri 29-Mar-13 08:30:45

Thanks verity07. Lots of people seem to recommend Cala galdana but I can't find as nice a villa plus dh has a dodgy knee so not sure the steep slopes would be a good idea. Others have mentioned the north of the island for a more 'authentic stay' but i assume its easy to drive around. Where else did you stay?

verity07 Fri 29-Mar-13 07:39:00

Have been twice. First time was about 8 years ago and then went back two years ago when we were staying elsewhere in Menorca. It's a lovely place! Quiet but still with a little group of shops and restaurants and a land train to take you to Punti Prima which is a bit busier.

Don't remember airport noise at all - either time we were there!

HTH smile

adifferentwoman Fri 29-Mar-13 07:33:43

Have found a wonderful villa in binibeca for may half term. I understand that the resort is quiet - fine with us as long as it attracts other families with young children - but it looks close to the airport. Whilst i understand that flights are not allowed at night, is there a lot of plane noise during the day? Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now