Somewhere warm for a week during Easter hols

(5 Posts)
juneau Tue 26-Mar-13 15:00:02

DH has just told me he's got five days' holiday to use up before June, so realistically this means going somewhere between now and 18th April, when DS1 goes back to school (we're already doing something during half-term).

We have two DSs, aged 5 and 22 months. I'd love some sun and spring-like warmth, but I'm not keen on going to Cyprus or Egypt. Otherwise, I'm open to either SC or a child-friendly hotel.

There would need to be some cultural stuff nearby as DH and I love museums, ruins, etc. Would Croatia be warm? I've been in May, when it was lovely, but what about April? Anyone been to Sicily in April or Malta? Southern Spain? We're really not interested in a beach resort - we'd be bored rigid - so the Canaries don't really appeal.

huddlelikepenguins Tue 26-Mar-13 21:15:03

Been to Malta in April. It was pretty chilly with a very strong wind - but occasionally it was nice enough for a quick sunbathe and very brave dip in the freezing outdoor pool.

Croatia is cold and very rainy for the next week, but Split might get better weather in a couple of weeks time. I've been haunting the Tripadvisor boards for Marrakech religiously recently - off there next week - and there's lots of visitors who have been with kids and got names of child-friendly hotels etc. - but it might not be what you first think of with kids in tow!

mummymeister Tue 26-Mar-13 21:18:54

FIL is just back from Madeira and it was damn chilly out there. also have family in southern spain and not that warm. depends what sort of temps you want OP. go to accuweather website and type in a few countries that you are thinking of to see what the weather is like now and predicted to be. Wouldnt advise Cyprus or Egypt at the moment not just the weather but the political climate. would say you need someway safe and simple but it needs to be a lot further afield than you are looking if you want it warm next week.

suebfg Tue 26-Mar-13 21:19:00

Egypt is fab

BoBoo Wed 27-Mar-13 12:26:38

You can find current temperatures here. We're going to Malta for the second week in Easter. Got a pretty good deal, heard it's child friendly and there's plenty of things to fit in during a week. You can try teletext for some good deals.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now