Playa Mar Puerto Pollensa

(13 Posts)
teaandbourbons Thu 14-Feb-13 22:06:52

Just booked this for me, DH and DS 4. Anybody been? It was a bit if a spur of the moment thing, hope its nice!!

goodtoesnaughtytoes Fri 15-Feb-13 14:20:46

It's great your son will love the kids activities x

sydenhamhiller Sun 17-Feb-13 15:12:10

We went last year and LOVED it (having always done villas/gites before). Kids (6 and 8 then) loved the evening entertainment, and grudgingly went to the kids club 2x :-). Reps were great, Puerta Pollensa gorgeous (bit of a walk with littlies). We had a great time, would go again this year, but on a tighter budget, with new DC3 too... Camping in cornwall it is...

makemineapinot Sun 17-Feb-13 20:46:54

Ooh we're going too in July!! Glad to hear good reports!!

teaandbourbons Sun 17-Feb-13 21:34:56

Thanks for replying, good to know others have enjoyed it! Looking forward to it now smile

makemineapinot Sun 17-Feb-13 21:37:12

When are u going? So I know whether to mutter loudly about naice ham and other mnetty things in the hope of being outed! Might leave my shopping list at the on site shop/bar...

Milliways Sun 17-Feb-13 21:59:46

We have booked this hotel too, for early July, following all the rave reviews on here and tripadvisor. We are taking our 17yr old too, and before booking showed him that it is a family place and NOT Magaluf etc, and he up for it as long as he gets to laze around with his book & ipod. (He is going to 2 festivals so gets to do the loud stuff there!)

InkleWinkle Sun 17-Feb-13 22:09:53

We went a couple of years ago. Was lovely.
And Puerto Pollensa was lovely too, however the walk into town (also lovely ) was OK for us because we were still at buggy stage but might be a but much for an 'inbetweeny' still with little legs but too big for buggy IYKWIM..

InkleWinkle Sun 17-Feb-13 22:10:27

Too many uses of 'lovely' in last post blush

girlywhirly Mon 18-Feb-13 16:58:30

17yo could hire a bike and cycle along the seafront, which goes a long way and is flat, if he fancied.

makemineapinot Wed 20-Feb-13 23:56:35

See u there Milliways grin we booked it cos of the ave reviews too!!

Milliways Thu 21-Feb-13 16:54:18

Thanks girlywhirly - but that involves getting up from lazing around! grin

Makemineapinot - looking forward to it!

KevinFoley Thu 21-Feb-13 17:00:19

We went there last year, Puerto Pollensa was a lovely resort albeit quite a walk to the centre but along a lovely promenade. We went in July though and the hotel felt too packed to be honest, might be better outside of peak. Lots of queueing to reserve sunbeds and a shade from 7 in the morning! Was lovely until 12pm but after then got crowded and too much poolside rowdiness with rep games, etc so we went to the beach quite a bit. Maybe I'm just getting old and a bit antisocial. The rooms were fine, I'd email and request a pool facing room if you can. Food was ok, standard AI.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now