which french hotel chain to stop at en route to Languedoc?

(9 Posts)
katherine2008 Mon 18-Feb-13 20:35:38

brilliant thanks for all that - I have a feeling we might be ready to crash when they do in honesty but will search around for a good deal. Knowsabit the buffet sounds great - especially as I'm sat here with a cheese sarnie for tea!

milktraylady Mon 18-Feb-13 17:36:25

The Logis chain has a good website where you can search for facilities in the area you want to stay in. Pretty accurate star rating. And better quality than in uk. Ie 3 star is fine & 2 star is not grim at all!
Have a lovely trip!

Knowsabitabouteducation Mon 18-Feb-13 17:17:41

Our favourite chain is Campanile - because of the dinner and breakfast buffet.

Lonecatwithkitten Sat 16-Feb-13 22:56:46

I'm an Ibis fan though Accor hotels owns Ibis, Novotel and etap. I tend to go to the Accor Hotels website and see what had the best location and price. Remember really all you are going to do is sleep there all of them are clean and have hot showers.

CarrotsAreNotTheOnlyVegetables Sat 16-Feb-13 22:13:32

Another one for Novotel - comfortable rooms and plenty big enough for 4.

Sign up to their email list and they will send you special offers - they periodically have half price offers. And yes, vvviola, they do still do the second room for half price deal.

B&B are also good - nice rooms but more basic buffet breakfast and no restaurant - but cheaper.

vvviola Sat 16-Feb-13 06:16:57

A definite vote for Novotel here. We travelled all through France & Belgium using them where we could. Very family friendly.

We often used to get connecting rooms (so DH & I could stay up a little past DD's 7:30 bedtime smile), and for a good while they had a family deal where the second room was half price. Not sure if they still do it.

SunshinePanda Sat 16-Feb-13 05:52:03

Hi we stay in ibis styles, which used to be All Seasons Hotels. On route to Languedoc last year we stayed at the one in Orleans. Have also stayed at Novotel which was also good. However we need a family suite with a double and 2 proper single beds as our DC are older.

googietheegg Sat 16-Feb-13 05:19:45

Fave chains - B&B, premiere Classe and etap

Family rooms about 40 euro

katherine2008 Wed 13-Feb-13 14:06:56

overnighting on the way down and am wondering if anyone has any tips as two which hotel chain is best for 2 adults and 2 under 5s? One in a travel cot. Only want to pay for one room obviously... Novotel looks the nicest but any advice happily taken! thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now