First Holiday Abroad with 2 children in August - any suggestions?

(27 Posts)
MrsHoneybean Mon 11-Feb-13 16:53:37

Hi
We are hoping to go abroad with our children for the first time this summer in August, for a week to 10 days.

I have been to a travel agents to try and get a feel for somewhere to go and the agent kept banging on about Turkey. I went years ago and remember it being incredibly hot!

I am really not sure where to take our children for the first time. They are not used to a hot climate having only ever having holidays in the uk.

My children are 6 and 8 and are excellent swimmers. I am kind of thinking of all inclusive with swimming pool facilities.

I had thought Brittany but have been warned off that as the weather is similar to here.

Ideally we would love to just lie in the sun watching them mess about in a pool where its not sweltering hot that we melt!

I also thought a long haul would be better for their first holiday/flight.

Any suggestions greatly received!!

Thanks

LaFlotte Wed 13-Feb-13 11:18:19

If you fancy a water park holiday, Siam Park in Tenerife is brilliant! Perhaps renting an apartment or villa and buying a pass for a few days at the water park? We did this one half term and it was brilliant. There are buses that collect you and take you to the park so you don't have to drive there.

MrsHoneybean Wed 13-Feb-13 18:27:31

Thank you so much for all your ideas and comments everyone!

I will go and research them all tonight.

Thanks wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now