Villa holiday in Cyprus in April - any recommendations?

(12 Posts)

Anyone, please?

Turns out they only accept credit cards for a charge <<too stingy>>
Are they reputable?

Well, we are about to book a villa we found on Ownder's Direct, but trying to book it diverts us to CoralSunVillas confused - anybody heard of them?? Fancy website with hundreds of villas, looks good, but I had not heard of them before.

Better book with the fancy credit card with all the insurance on it... grin - DH and I have gone all paranoid

We have kind of fixed on the idea of being able to be away for 10 days, rather than just 7 and that limits the airport choice to Manchester, at least as long as the winter schedule is in place.

Thanks for the further recommendations smile.

gerbilsarefun Fri 08-Feb-13 17:30:56

Owners direct are good, we have used them. My favourite place is Coral Bay, just past Paphos. It is a small resort, with restuarants, take aways and small shops, but not very lively i.e. like Benidorm (never been but can imagine!!).

magentastardust Fri 08-Feb-13 15:23:58

Maybe try Jet2 from Newcastle too then as an option?

I used Villa Parade for Mallorca not Maldives as my previous post said! (sadly)

Also try Homeaway for villa rentals.

Thanks again <looks up Holiday Lettings and Villa Parade>

Yes, we are looking at Jet2 for flights although April is still 'winter schedule' hmm so no flights from Scotland. There are reasonable flights from Manchester though, so doable.

Kerrie, I now hanker after a villa with seafront grin.

magentastardust Thu 07-Feb-13 13:16:43

Villa parade do Cyprus I think -we have used them several times for Maldives and they were really good.
We have also used holiday lettings or owners direct for villas.

Jet2 fly to Cyprus from Scotland I think too?

KerrieCherrie Wed 06-Feb-13 10:15:02

We flew into larnaca as was much closer than pathos.
Picked the car up and drove ourselves to Ayia Thekla. Was around 30mins I think but it's an easy drive. Journey would obviously depend on the villa as Ayia Thekla is villas only so they cover the whole length. We were in villa Louisa.

Oh thank you so much, Kerrie smile

Where did you fly to if I may ask?

KerrieCherrie Tue 05-Feb-13 12:00:54

Getaway villas are great. We stayed in a lovely villa in Ayia Thekla in August last year. Very quiet and has its own little beach. The villa was a great size with its own pool. Would likely need to hire a car as we did.
Getaway villas have villas all over though so definitely worth a look!

Noone? sad

Greek or Turkish side?
Are there any flights from Scotland?

This if proving to be difficult...

We are 6 of us.
We would like a pool.
We DH would NOT like a resort.
Our dates are vair specific 6.4. to 17.4.13 all in.

I have been to Greece and some Greek islands, but never to Turkey or Cyprus.
Could any of you share any experiences?
What company to use? Who else is there other than James Villas??

Ta very muchly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now