Mobile home sites south of france - 4 & 1 year old

(13 Posts)
katherine2008 Mon 04-Feb-13 19:22:52

thank you for the advice - will look at the Lac again.

Portofino Mon 04-Feb-13 06:19:48

I have been to La Carabasse too. Dd (who was 7) loved it, but didn't like the kids club as much as the one at Lac Des Reves. I would say the Lac des Reves is quieter/smaller and is better for little kids and La Carabasse is fab for older children/teenagers - as it has the town/funfair/mini-golf within walking distance.

Milliways Sun 03-Feb-13 17:42:11

We stayed at Prairies de la mer last Summer, and chose it for DS (16) as it has a lot for teens. However, the site is huge and our van (Thomson AL fresco) was in a really quiet spot, and we walked into Port Grimaud most evenings. The beach is packed, unless you walk a few minutes towards the Port (away from the beach bars) where it is much quieter. You can get boats to ST Tropez from the port and Monaco is driveable.

We have stayed at Argeles, again a very busy teen orientated site, and we had a geat time.

The languedoc was a quieter area - La Carabasse is nice (been there 3 times). It has brilliant kids clubs from toddlers up and you can walk to the beach from the site through the vineyards. Definately good for young kids.

Leish Sat 02-Feb-13 15:16:43

We're looking too at the moment and can't seem to find what we want either. The parks all look so big and commercial, and lots seem to charge for the pool too - cheek!! I'm doing lots of research and a pal lives in Montpellier so am hoping he might come up with somethng good. I'll message you details if I find anything. We're looking for small, but with a pool, a grocery shop, near a beach and with good public transport links. Fussy, moi? shock x

makemineapinot Sat 02-Feb-13 00:32:21

I booked with Siblu using Tesco vouchers but Canvas and Keycamp were there as well and you can book direct. It is hilly tho as it's at the foot of the Pyrenees, steep walk to the pool area which is amazing with unbelievable views. The all beach s a bit shingly but still lovely and it's a short walk down to the marina with gorgeous restaurants an markets etc. also lots f nice restaurants inc the camp site one which was lovely within 2-5mins walk. We flew into Perpignan and stayed on a hotel there the night before we went to the campsite (50€ in a taxi) the next ay - was really nice avian a chance to explore the city with evening meal etc.

katherine2008 Fri 01-Feb-13 21:22:51

makemineapinot I love the look of that site - who did you go with? thanks x

Ruthiebabes Fri 01-Feb-13 10:17:52

Have at look at Holiday Marina in Port Grimaud. Have not been there, but looking to book it for next year. It is a small site with a good looking pool and bar area, but I hate large sites so it would suit us.

We went to Nice in Sept (without kids!!) and are keen to go back to the South of France as it is beautiful.

makemineapinot Thu 31-Jan-13 23:14:47

Bois!!

makemineapinot Thu 31-Jan-13 23:14:27

Le bios du val marie near Argeles was fab - 50e in a taxi from Perpignan airport but you could get train and taxi. Think Canvas and Siblu go there x

katherine2008 Thu 31-Jan-13 14:34:59

Thanks for that will take a look at those sites. Ideally I want to avoid lots of snogging teenagers (lucky things!)

harrassedswlondonmum Thu 31-Jan-13 09:09:08

We stay at Yelloh Village Aloha campsite, at Serignan Plage (near Beziers). It is fab and right on a lovely beach. We too did a few years of disappointing weather in Vendee/Charente-Maritime and we wouldn't go back there now.

Good luck!

Portofino Thu 31-Jan-13 09:04:45

At Port Grimaud [[ http://en.riviera-villages.com/Our-villages/Prairies-de-la-Mer Prairies de la Mer]] is right on the beach and easy strolling distance into town. It is a big site, with lots going on.

We stayed at their sister site - the Kontiki which is right on Pampelonne beach, the other side of St Tropez. Nice bar/restuarant on the beach and a spa. When dd was littler we stayed at Lac Des Reves with Siblu. That was lovely - not crowded, nice pool, friendly staff. The beach is about 10 mins drive. Lots to do/visit in the area and Montpellier is very nice.

We also

katherine2008 Wed 30-Jan-13 16:53:48

Hi, I've looked through some of the previous threads but nothing quite answers my questions. We did the Vendee last year with Carisma - small site, hideous weather in July and so windy - I just can't bring myself to go back. I think we might head further south and I wondered if anyone had any site recommendations for a young family - I'm after a medium sized site, near a beach. I do actually know Port Grimaud and surrounds pretty well as we used to go there when I was a kid but have no idea about sites. Or can anyone persuade me to another area? Thanks so much in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now