Please recommend me a great (budget) holiday

(7 Posts)
whattodoo Tue 22-Jan-13 17:44:56

Thanks all. Will look at lake garda, have heard great things about the area.

Branleuse Tue 22-Jan-13 08:04:51

Eurocamp, Brittany?

Lynned Tue 22-Jan-13 07:56:11

Bella Italia, Lake Garda. We went with Keycamp. Large site, loads to do, lovely lake and town. Gardaland and waterpark just up the road.

givemeaclue Tue 22-Jan-13 07:52:20

Quite a few threads on here about apartments in Croatia at low cost, or owners direct houses for rent , but no kids clubs or water slides with those options. For kids club and pools with slides, though a mobile home site prob your best bet, with Eurocamp or similar as you have done before. Driving would keep costs down. Flying to Italy and then mobile home could be an option too depending on price at peak school time. Try the main mobile home operators and see what they have got?

whattodoo Mon 21-Jan-13 16:33:40

Somewhere around 1200. We could prob stretch a bit more if need be.

givemeaclue Mon 21-Jan-13 16:12:38

What is your budget if you don't use air miles

whattodoo Mon 21-Jan-13 14:32:29

Any recommendations for self catering holidays during school summer hols?
We've used Keycamp and Siblu in the past which worked well for us, but wonder if I'm missing out on other options? And we need to go in school hols this year, so the price is pretty scary!

We have an only child (4yo DD) so ideally somewhere with a good kids club as she gets bored with just our company. We have been to Brittany which we loved and Vendee which didn't really have much to do/see other than on the excellent campsite. But the beaches were wonderful and we had a brilliant, relaxing holiday.

We've always driven in the past (Dover/Calais), but would be open to flying.

I absolutely love France, but also enjoy Italy and it would be nice if there was some local culture/interest and possibly theme parks (although not as important). We're open to other European destinations too.

So, our criteria are:
Low cost
weekend of 20 July for 2 weeks
Not too hot (we're all fair skinned)
self catering
Kids Club
Pool with slides (we've got a waterbaby/adrenaline junkie)

I've got about £400 of airmiles I could use, but I believe they sell you the hols at brochure list price, so I need to weigh up whether we are better booking direct with tour operator if they have offers available.

any travel agents/travel buffs out there?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now