Iberostar, anyone been?

(10 Posts)
pinkteddy Mon 14-Jan-13 17:26:19

Hi lurkingaround. We've stayed in the alcudia iberostar a few times although the last time was about 3 or 4 years ago so my info may not be up to date. It had a lot of your criteria a) fairly decent accommodation although it if hasn't been updated since we've been, it may be beginning to look a bit tired b) excellent pools, the main one is the children's pool which is good if your dcs are small c) great kids clubs and kids entertainment in the early eve d) food was really excellent e) sports facilities - I'm not sure about this as we didn't participate. There was definitely water polo most days though. There is also a big water park a short cab ride away and they will make you a packed lunch if you are on the all inclusive package if you pre book.

lurkingaround Thu 10-Jan-13 10:46:46

Thanks Green Shadow.
Once again I have been driving myself crazy on Tripadvisor. I think I've sort of decided on Iberostar, but I'm a fickle creature, and will no doubt go thru agonies if someone posts with another suggestion!

My requirements are:
1. Fairly decent accommadation
2. Nice pool(s), mainly for the DCs
3. An hour or 2 of kids clubs
4. Decent food, (a must, am not spending money on poor food)
5. Some sports facilities for adults. Much and all as I like sitting down under an umbrella, there's only so much of it that I can do. DH is the same.

Simple really!

GreenShadow Wed 09-Jan-13 17:24:08

We've been to a couple of Iberostars and really enjoyed both. Neither were Mallorca though (Tennerife and Corfu).

They had organised archery, volleyball, football - that sort of thing, but wasn't aware of any actual tuition. There were tennis courts too. It's definitely not a ClubMed sort of place.

We are also thinking of going to Mallorca this year, and Iberostars would definitely feature in our list of possible options. Will keep a close watch on this thread.

Fluffy1234 Tue 08-Jan-13 15:57:22

There was tennis at the one I went to but as I stayed during august didn't play as to hot to run around. I have been on Mark Warner holidays and they have the sport aspect it sounds as you are after. This resort wasn't like that. It was a swimming/chilling/sunbathing type of place and then obviously if you had the time you could explore the area. Look up the hotel on trip advisor, I would say they give a really accurate picture ( just ignore the moaners)

lurkingaround Tue 08-Jan-13 15:19:07

Very good value for all inclusive! Sounds good, I was looking around Alcudia/Playa Muro area, there are 3 Iberostars there. I presume they're all of a similar standard.

My ideal would be something like a Club Med, where they give adults, as well as children, sports tuition. Of some kind. Anything will do. Just something. The iberostar website isn't the greatest for giving a good overview.

Thanks again.

Fluffy1234 Tue 08-Jan-13 14:02:06

It was a good all inclusive hotel. Pros were a few different places to eat that you didn't need to book and that had outdoor areas. Lots of different nationalities which I like and ladies got dressed up in the evenings so it was nice to people watch. A Spanish version of Baileys was available ( big plus point). There was some cheesy entertainment available during the day which was fun. Check in really smooth. 4 nights was a good length for us but that was mainly because we have done lots of similar holidays before and just wanted a few days around a pool/ beach before our cruse. I don't think I noticed much sporty stuff going on. We had a 2 room suite with 1 bathroom which was fine and it cost just under £700 for 4 nights which felt good value.

lurkingaround Tue 08-Jan-13 13:47:35

Thanx. There are a few in Majorca Fluffy. I'm not sure if there's much difference among them in standard. What was the cala barca one like?

Fluffy1234 Tue 08-Jan-13 13:39:21

I stayed at iberostar cala barca for 4 nights pre cruise last year but not sure if there is more than 1 iberostar in Majorca.

kiwigirl42 Tue 08-Jan-13 12:25:53

I thought this was a baby name thread at first glance. <arf>

lurkingaround Tue 08-Jan-13 12:23:20

Thinking of an Iberostar in Mallorca this year. Has anyone been and what was it like? Or any Iberostar? Their website isn't great, is there much sports for adults?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now