Budget apartment in Rome

(7 Posts)

Rome is really compact for a city and you always 'stumble' on something interesting as you're walking around. I'm sure my friend stayed in a nice B&B near the Forum. Sorry not more help on the place to stay, we have been several times to Rome, but not stayed overnight, as we have a place in Abruzzo so tend to do day trips.

BlastOff Mon 07-Jan-13 23:29:23

It is a B&B which you had mentioned in your op, not a hotel, but no worries if it's not what you're looking for. Bumping for you, but also have a look on page 7 on the holiday recommendations thread currently going on (its in discussions of the day). EuphemiaLennox says they have booked apartments in Rome. You could ask her either on thread or PM.

Hth

BlastOff Mon 07-Jan-13 23:07:44

It is a B&B which you had mentioned in your op, not a hotel, but no worries if it's not what you're looking for. Bumping for you, but also have a look on page 7 on the holiday recommendations thread currently going on (its in discussions of the day). EuphemiaLennox says they have booked apartments in Rome. You could ask her either on thread or PM.

Hth

smarmyarmy Mon 07-Jan-13 13:36:50

Anyone else??? Anyone out there?

smarmyarmy Sun 06-Jan-13 18:45:11

Thanks Blastoff but was actually looking for an apartment rather than a hotel which I think will be easier with kids. Thanks anyway.

BlastOff Sun 06-Jan-13 14:44:18

We stayed here, the Hotel Daphne, a few years ago and it was brilliant. Central so you could walk everywhere, really clean, and cheap compared to anything else we found. But it was before DC (actually, was about 6 years ago thinking about it!), so not sure if it's the same now, but if it is then I'd highly recommend. It was very relaxed too, so think it would be good with children.

smarmyarmy Sun 06-Jan-13 12:12:58

Hi we are visiting Rome on the 3rd April for a week, so just after the Easter weekend. We're a family of 4 and we're also taking Grandma so 5 in total. Just wondering if any one had a good recommendation of an apartment or B&B that we could stay in. Also in the centre would be better as we don't want to travel miles to see the main sites. Any help or advice gratefully received! Been once with my parents years and years ago but I'm sure things have changed since then.
I have looked at Trip Advisor but there are so many!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now