Anyone done a self-catering appt near Paris and Eurodisney?

(9 Posts)
ChristmasEvie Mon 31-Dec-12 00:38:17

We want to stay in a self-catering appt somewhere with easy access to both Disney and Paris by train next July. Plan is to do a few days in the park and also do paris and see the sights etc.We wont have a car though so will need to get around easily by train.Anyone done this?

stringbean Mon 31-Dec-12 14:21:39

Depending on the number of people you want in the apartment, you could look at this. It's at Val d'Europe, the huge shopping/hotel complex next to Disneyland Paris. There's an RER stop a short walk away, so getting to Paris should be straightforward; the park itself is one stop on the RER, or there's probably a shuttle bus. I haven't stayed here, but always thought it would be worth a look.

ChristmasEvie Mon 31-Dec-12 18:26:13

Thanks stringbean i will look at that. Very helpful.

Ingles2 Tue 01-Jan-13 10:34:49

Yep, but it was a caravan park and not an appt if that's any good?
I don't know how difficult it would be without a car, but there is a bus to the mainline station that goes into paris or to disney
here you go

DoubleMum Sun 06-Jan-13 17:03:11

I've stayed at the Adagio a couple of times. They are perfectly OK, fairly modern, have cooking facilities and fridge (although cooking implements etc are limited). We had a car but there is a train station at Val d'Europe as mentioned. If you look at a map of Val d'Europe the Adagio apartments are on the side with all the restaurants which are just a couple of minutes walk away. I imagine it's only 10-15 minutes walk to the station which I think is one stop away from Disneyland.

DoubleMum Sun 06-Jan-13 17:03:44

Alternatively the Adagio run a shuttle bus to Disneyland pretty regularly.

DoubleMum Sun 06-Jan-13 17:05:38

(Wish you could edit posts here!)
The restaurants at Val d'Europe are quite a lot cheaper than the ones in Disney Village, and there's a large supermarket in the shopping centre.

ChristmasEvie Mon 07-Jan-13 01:05:27

Thanks DoubleMum that is beyond helpful as I have been looking at Adagio and been seriously considering it-liking the pool and proximity to everything also.We would be doing it without a car and it looks exactly like what we are after.smile.

DoubleMum Mon 07-Jan-13 07:30:39

Glad to help. Wish we were going back to Disneyland!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now