family of 4, two teenagers who love sports, £4k to spend all in, where to go next summer?

(21 Posts)
Ingles2 Mon 07-Jan-13 21:19:12

We're in the same position looking for a week in July...
We did Neilson last year and paid £4k, but looking this year they,ve gone up to £5k and the food,bar bill was still an extra £1k... So too much really...
I'd like turkey, Greece and even better if there's sailing

Winterwalk Sun 06-Jan-13 20:22:49

I would second Canada. A colleague took her two teenagers to the Rockies and said it was the best holiday ever. Lots of kayaking and other watersports and just a great all round trip.
I know neilson looks like its a 'club' for teenagers but it's more a social gathering to go out and do sports together than a teenage holiday club such as you get with first choice etc. so there are lots of sports on offer and as a group they decide to do various stuff throughout the day-or not. I know someone who worked as a rep for neilson with that age group before she got married and she said it was such an easy job as you basically just introduce the kids to each other and show them what's on offer and they plan their own day. Not sure how it would work if you wanted to do it altogether as a family though.

My colleagues Canadian trip really did sound awesome though!

Sanjifair Sun 06-Jan-13 20:09:03

Club La Santa is great for sports and all sports included in the price, which is great as you get to try anything! However, if you aren't sporty yourselves then I wouldn't recommend it as CLS is all about the sport. The accommodation is, as mentioned above, basic, I would even say shoddy, and we were in the mid priced rooms, not the cheaper ones. They are building new accommodation which will be ready in a year or so. Having said that we loved it with our toddler and will definitely go back there again.

sashh Fri 04-Jan-13 06:16:50

My nephew went with a friend's family to Switzerland in the summer, lots of bike riding and canoeing.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-13697855

Sparklegeek Wed 02-Jan-13 20:33:26

Sorry, also included car hire. All 5 of us list it as our Best. Hol. Ever.

Sparklegeek Wed 02-Jan-13 20:32:46

We did Disney (Florida) for 5 of us inc flights, accommodation, eating out every day, 11 theme parks & spending for £6000 all in. That was 4 years ago.

SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus Mon 31-Dec-12 13:03:00

If you drive and get a villa, I am sure you could. There's lots of people on here who know a lot of money saving ideas on it.

ssd Mon 31-Dec-12 12:08:01

could we do disney for £4k all in?

SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus Sun 30-Dec-12 14:50:12

Disney/Universal? That's definitely one to remember.

bigTillyMincePie Sun 30-Dec-12 14:47:50

Well, I just looked on Travel Republic - searching for hot hols. We had been to Egypt on a more cultural trip 18mths before and had a week in a lovely resort hotel in Luxor (as well as the rest of the hol!), but had no intention of returning to Egypt. However, the deal I found in Sharm was far cheaper than other places and as it was in the sister resort hotel, we decided to go for it. £2,200 for all 4 of us, fully inclusive in August!

I expect there will be lots of similar deals this summer as the political situation is still a bit unsettled (but did not impact on us at all on either trip!)

ssd Sun 30-Dec-12 11:26:22

have checked out lasanta, looks interesting!

bigtilly, can you tell me more about sharm and the prices involved?

Woolwif Sat 29-Dec-12 22:35:49

Haven't been but heard great things about Club la Santa in Lanzarote. Accommodation pretty basic, I think, but sports facilities and instruction supposedly amazing. We're thinking about it for either Easter or summer hols. Will try and link but haven't done this before so humour me if it fails. Www.clublasanta.co.uk

bigTillyMincePie Sat 29-Dec-12 22:32:45

Am watching this with interest - we are wondering where to go this summer with 2 sporty teen/pre-teens.

We did a package to Sharm last year - it was cheap as chips and they LOVED it - lots of jumping off jetties and snorkelling. Not really that sporty, but they came into the gym with us and joined in with the "organised fun" in the pool...

BadDog Sat 29-Dec-12 22:25:56

Sailing in a fleet around Greece?
Windsurfing somewhere?
Fly to the Miami keys?

A mate of mine went kayaking en famille on the US Canadian border with young teens. All thought it was awesome.

ssd Sat 29-Dec-12 22:23:32

forgot to say, the kids idea of hell is being in a club on holiday...

ssd Sat 29-Dec-12 22:22:29

nah, hate skiing! just want one great holiday we'll always remember

Sycamoretrees Sat 29-Dec-12 22:20:35

Have a look at the Neilson website. I'm a big fan of the beach club holidays, lots of activities included in price. www.neilson.co.uk

watfordmummy Sat 29-Dec-12 22:03:03

sorry no ideas, but watching this as in similar position x

Imabadmum Sat 29-Dec-12 22:00:27

Cheapy holiday in the Summer, then Skiing in the winter?

ssd Sat 29-Dec-12 21:54:39

anyone?

ssd Sat 29-Dec-12 21:33:33

this would be our only holiday abroad with our teenagers, so somewhere great!!

any suggestions welcome xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now