Anywhere hot in February half term?

(6 Posts)
doowpro Mon 17-Dec-12 12:31:05

You could try Princesa Yaiza in Lanzarote which is great for toddlers, or Abama in Tenerife which has special spa treatments for pregnancy!

deleted203 Thu 13-Dec-12 21:16:33

Canaries (particularly Lanzarote and Playa Blanc) gets my vote too. 4 hour flight.

caramelgirl Thu 13-Dec-12 21:14:39

Would recommend Lanzarote but look for somewhere with a heated pool. Playa Blanca has a nice little beach and is a fairly quiet place with shops and amenities all walkable if you are central.
My neighbour has just booked an apartment in Tenerife with kids club and heated pools on a conplex.
I think Tenerife is not as nice as Lanzarote but, like many people I would guess, I was definitely not a Canary Islands person pre DC. Super easy and convenient now tho'.
We are going to Essaouira for Christmas and New Year (yay!!) but don't think that will be as warm. Figured whilst I'm pg I won't be sunbathing anyway. Have booked a sunny hol for two months after EDD of DC2. un lucky people seeing me in a bikini by that point!!

givemeaclue Thu 13-Dec-12 20:58:10

Canary islands, Dubai

LilRedWG Thu 13-Dec-12 14:21:46

Egypt?

stripes1 Thu 13-Dec-12 14:18:32

I am pregnant and due to dates our only chance for a hot holiday before DC2 arrives will be February half term. Can anyone recommend somewhere that isn't too far to fly with a toddler that will be warm enough for playing on the beach/swimming in a hotel pool? Or do we just resign ourselves to not seeing the sun this year?! Thanks in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now