DisneyLand Paris

(9 Posts)
milkymocha Fri 30-Nov-12 08:33:01

This has probably been done to death but, any advice would be great!

4 adults, 3 infants staying in the Hotel Cheyenne mid March! Driving via ferry crossing.

Any tips? Advice? Thank you smile

PoppyWearer Fri 30-Nov-12 08:44:36

One useful piece of info (I don't have the answer) would be to plan your service station choices carefully. We stopped at one in France on the way down and it was...adequate but a bit dirty. We'd stopped at a lovely one with a play area previously but couldn't remember where it was.

If you get early-access passes with your hotel, giving you access from 8am, it is worth getting there at 8am because you will beat the queues for the best rides for tiny ones, namely Dumbo, Teacups, Carousel, Buzz Lightyear. Once the main park opens, you can move on from those rides and do things like It's a Small World, Circus Train, etc. Do this every morning, you won't get tired of the rides, believe me!

The VIP or fast passes are worth it. The hotel gave us one per person per day and they were invaluable at busy times.

There is stuff to do besides the rides.

Use buggies to grab a very early pitch for the evening parade. Adults can take it in turns to stay with them and take the kids for ice creams whilst you wait.

For baby food, note that most restaurants don't sell it, you have to go to the baby centre or a shop to buy some, and I even found myself heating it up in the baby centre and walking back to the restaurant on a couple of occasions. Not ideal!

The rented buggies are good and worth it even for older toddlers (our DD was 4yo) because you can push them faster than they can walk and they can nap if their legs get tired.

We didn't find much to do in Walt Disney Studios other than the Disney Playhouse/Junior show and the slinky dog ride. There were other shows but we timed it wrong and there were the French versions when we went, also close to nap time.

Getting up early seems like a slog, but is worth it, and you can always nap with the kids in the afternoon or go for a swim, then head out again in the evenings.

Have fun! Our DD still talks about it daily and we went 6 months ago. We are now trying to work out how to squeeze in a trip next year!

Lynned Fri 30-Nov-12 08:51:01

Take more warm clothing than you think you need. It can be freezing there for some strange reason. We went in Feb, and ended up putting pyjamas under my DCs clothes as an extra layer.

milkymocha Fri 30-Nov-12 08:58:33

Thank you poppy and lynne, very helpful! I am planning to take a stroller for my then 1 year old and hiring another for my then 3 year old who is perfectly capable of walking all day but, benefits from an hours nap and somewhere to sit with his ice cream (clumsy boy!)
Are they easy to come by? (the strollers!!)

Did either of you do the character breakfasts? smile

Lynned Fri 30-Nov-12 09:03:15

No, but we did a character dinner which was v expensive and awful food, although the characters were great. Think you can get strollers, but mine were too old, so not sure. There is a website called DIBB, it's mainly Florida, but I think they have a Paris section, and you can read a forum similar to this, which may answer a lot of your questions. They also review restaurants, and character dining. Have a great time.

givemeaclue Fri 30-Nov-12 12:25:12

Strollers are available to hire at the entrance

Wendywishes Thu 27-Dec-12 01:22:32

Take a second pair of shoes for everyone.If its wet and shoes get soaked you will end up walking around in muddy,squelchy shoes the next day also.Well worth it.Cheyenne is fine-basic but clean and very adequate.Tv in bedrooms but all in french.Take portable dvd player/laptop if you want to keep kids amused.
Disney studios more suitable for older kids really-so wouldnt bother with that.We loved it but our two were 10 and 7 at the time.

Isityouorme Wed 02-Jan-13 20:24:49

Take snacks and drinks in the bottom of your rucksack ... You're not supposed to take food but it will save a small fortune. If kids are young, wrap it in a nappy sack! Bags get looked in so conceal is the key word!

yfuwchhapus Wed 02-Jan-13 21:24:58

We are going mid February and can't wait!

I always make a couple of sandwiches from breakfast as a snack for the children, Most people do it out there and nobody seems to bat an eyelid!

Always use the magic hours, would like a lie in but well worth it when the park is quiet!

We have also bought full ski outfits and snow boots...a lot of people have said that February can be freezing!! March might be different though?!?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now