St Augustine's Priory Ealing Views Please

(16 Posts)
Rafia Thu 23-May-13 23:40:08

My daughters go to St Augustine's. I love it, and they love it. There are lots of reasons for this. some of which are below:

The school seeks the opinion of the parents, and actually takes their views on board, which I found refreshing

I heard that the academic side of it may need some improvement.
We joined the school in September, so it is still early days to see results, but so far as I can see, the teachers are great. They are creative, supportive and sensitive to my daughters' needs, skills and talents.

There is great communication from the school (in all its aspects; headteacher, health staff and teachers); Parents are encouraged to communicate with the school, and students are encouraged to talk to their teachers.

I just think it is one of the greatest schools in Ealing

EalingGal Thu 23-May-13 09:55:35

I was lucky enough to attend St Augustine's Priory until 1993 and had a great time there making friends for life whilst receiving a rounded and full education. Now a mother with two girls I had no hesitattion in choosing St Augustine's for them as it is is unique. The stunning grounds let them have a sense of freedom and space, and the school is welcoming, inclusive and kind with the girls at the centre of all that they do. The exam results are now amazing (much better than in my day) but you never get the impression that the girls are being hot housed. The new headteacher Mrs Raffray is great and has a passionate, clear and focussed plan for taking the school forward and I can't wait for my girls to enjoy their time there just as much as I did.
I can't recommend St Augustine's Priory highly enough.

clarecog Wed 22-May-13 11:36:30

My daughters joined the school 3 years ago, having moved to the UK from South Africa......new country, new schooling system, new to just girls. They were welcomed in with so much care and immediately made friends. They have blossomed there in all aspects; academic, sporting, music, drama and self development. Both my daughters love the school and never want to leave.

RobertaCJ Mon 20-May-13 16:37:34

We looked at a number of schools in Ealing for our daughter and were delighted when she was offered a place at St Augustine’s. I have a number of friends who went there in the 80s and 90s and the school has changed considerably. The new headmistress, Mrs Raffrey, has made some amazing improvements since she joined in September.

Our daughter has settled in really well and is flourishing. She really enjoys going to school and is constantly learning and discovering new things. The girls really care for each other and the older ones look after the younger ones. There is definitely a strong sense of community between parents and girls. The school caters for all and the facilities are fantastic – plenty of grounds for all the girls, and even a forest school, which is a great testament to Miss Keane.

I would definitely recommend St Augustine’s!

elmssewinglady Fri 17-May-13 13:08:28

Interested in hearing up-to-date reviews of the school! Views welcome

mrsshrimpy Sat 02-Jul-11 20:55:12

Completely agree it's a really lovely unique school, my daughter left at the end of sixth form having been there since aged 8. She has a great group of friends, excellent exam result and such fond memories

MrsFinucane Fri 21-Aug-09 17:15:45

I am a current parent of a six form student. I have complete praise for the Headmistress Mrs Gumley Mason and the school. My daughter has been there for just the sixth form, she has cpmpleted the lower sixth and now is about to go into the upper sixth.

My daughter was a great girl altogether on joining St Augustine's Priory and she has excelled further by being surrounded by equally positive and co - do people.

I only wish I had more daughters to send there, so I would have a longer association with the school.

Sarah Finucane

Latootle Tue 19-May-09 16:35:05

I wonder if they are still using the falling to pieces Piers Plowman for geography. It only ever showed 1" of what ever you were studying so for a long time I never knew Canada was joined to the USA.!!!!!!!

Is Miss Dowling still a round???

chatname Sun 25-Jan-09 18:00:37

Very old fashioned (we had bowdlerized copies of Romeo and Juliet when we were oh aboout 14). Lots of pretensions. Appalling A level results in my year.

zanzibarmum Tue 20-Jan-09 17:45:57

Chatname - what did you dislike about it (albeit back then). Thank you.

chatname Sun 18-Jan-09 16:02:11

I went there in the 80s. Disliked it. There were some good teachers, which was a redeeming feature. I'm sure it's changed a lot though, this is too long ago to have any relation to what it's like now!

zanzibarmum Mon 29-Dec-08 13:59:46

Jalopy what was it like

jalopy Sun 28-Dec-08 20:20:54

I went there. Few years ago, mind.

zanzibarmum Fri 26-Dec-08 23:02:24

Religious? Actually, my sense is that it isn't particularly religious though clearly as a Catholic independent school this is an important part of its mission. If there are any informed views out there I'd be interested in hearing these.

AugustusGloop Fri 26-Dec-08 22:29:43

Its cack don't go there. Really like...religious.

zanzibarmum Fri 26-Dec-08 22:24:31

What are the strengths and weaknesses of St Augustine's Priory Catholic independent school in Ealing. All views welcomed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now