Hampton Court House School

(6 Posts)
putneylife Sat 14-Jun-14 09:27:51

I'm looking for more up to date experiences of this school as I'm considering it for my son in Y9 after he leaves Prep School. It's quite a leap from the structure of a Prep School to the unstructured and slightly alternative approach that HCH adopts. The sport seems to be lacking, but otherwise I'm getting a good impression - the school seems to nurture the child and with small class sizes and a very improved recent Ofsted report, it seems like a school on the up. Like Harrodian or Radnor House were in their infancy. I'd welcome thoughts/experiences!

Peach007 Sun 15-Jun-14 10:45:25

Hi I am also considering for my DD for Year 4 in September. Any views would be most welcome. Thanks

LikeMumUsedToMake Mon 16-Jun-14 12:33:08

Was it this school that recently announced a radical change of school hours - to reflect teenage desires to sleep in till mid morning?

cakeisalwaystheanswer Mon 16-Jun-14 13:31:11

Yes it was this school, though the cynic in me says the lunchtime start and very late finish for a new 6th form probably has more to do with limited space than anything else.
HSH is not mainstream, it's offering something different and if that's what will suit your DCs go for it. Just don't go and expect a mini LEH/Hampton and then moan because that isn't what you get. I know a few parents who have moved children from HCH because it wasn't what they expected/wanted although the things they complain about are probably the reasons other parents have chosen it. Never was the phrase "horses for courses" so apt.

Peach007 Wed 18-Jun-14 08:56:49

I must admit I loved the general feel of the school. My daughter is going to have a trial day soon so will be able to decide thereafter. Are there any existing parents out there whose DC's go to the school? So few people have heard of the school so first hand experience would be most welcome.

FMNF Wed 18-Jun-14 21:40:51

I would also be grateful to receive any feedback on this school as we are just completing the enrolment process for our son and our daughter. We visited the school and it looked lovely but I am not used to choosing a school based on a visit. At the moment the children go to their local school so we had all the local knowledge before enrolling them. We really need them to maintain their level of French for a future move back to France so any views on the standard of French teaching in the lower years would be really helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now