KS3 levels

(5 Posts)
xylem8 Sun 23-Jun-13 09:53:22

Now that there are no KS3 SATS, are levels the teachers claim kids are working at moderated in any way? I am wondering if you can compare what class to another , let alone different schools?

Wonderstuff Sun 23-Jun-13 10:08:42

They are teacher assessment, you'd hope they were internally moderated. GCSE grades are predicted based on KS2 results because they are accurate and never inflated by primaries

gillviola Sun 23-Jun-13 13:17:56

There is an assessment framework called APP which most state schools used and it can be used to moderate between classes in the same school and across different schools. It has exemplar material which you can use to moderate against so that you are all working to the same standard. From September, NC levels will not exist so your guess is a s good as mine. Schools will probably still use some sort of levels but it will be more difficult to moderate.

anniesw Thu 27-Jun-13 10:45:00

The teachers should be skilled at assessing levels and have a process in place to ensure this is accurate.

Theas18 Thu 27-Jun-13 11:48:20

We are still getting teacher levels and CAT levels as before. THe " predicted end of key stage " has dropped off the list I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now