Dulwich or Whitgift?

(53 Posts)
MaMerry Fri 03-Feb-12 20:56:22

After quite upbeat interviews at both Whitgift and Dulwich, and assuming that the state offer for DS is not up to scratch, we may need to make a choice between D & W. I'm struggling to split them, TBH. They both talk about academic success, pastoral care and co-curricular activity, are set in fantastic grounds and cost an arm and a leg. Can anyone help me split them?

DS is bright, interested in most things, an enthusiastic sportsman (but not going to end up playing for England in any of them) and says he doesn't mind which of the two he goes to.

confused

ameliacampbell Sun 16-Dec-12 13:25:51

I trust FT's rankings the most - Latymer Upper came 25th in the independent schools table this year regarding both A level results and GCSE results. It was the top co-ed school apart from the Perse School in Cambridge - which I think is absolutely brill. Their facilities are fantastic - just as good as St Paul's etc, and in 2012 they got 50 people into Oxbridge. Latymer Upper is one to watch!!! It is now considered as being among the top-tier schools in London

Robinia190 Wed 23-Jan-13 21:59:32

Hi everyone - I have read the (now quite old) discussion about D vs W. The thing to remember is that W offers the International Bac and therefore A*/A tables are not going to reflect the achievements in the IB. The only useful measure to compare the two (and any other school) is the average points per pupil achieved at A level: in 2010, for which I have figures in front of me, W average: 1003.2, D:932. W has consistently outperformed D in recent years and scores the 2nd highest in UK for IB, after Sevenoaks.

magyarmum Mon 18-Feb-13 18:31:30

Any advice if the choice is between Dulwich College and the London Oratory? Our son is sporty and would prefer the former; but we are financially challenged. Is it worth the sacrifice and stress to send him to Dulwich?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now