Downe House School

(8 Posts)
caringyetconfused Sun 23-Jan-11 08:40:09

DD will be attending Downe House for Sixth Form in the coming September. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the school or if anyone has any advice for her.

She had also applied to/been accepted by WA, CLC and Badminton, but in the end we did choose Downe House for her. Do you think that was a wise choice? How would you describe DH in comparison to those other schools (or any other independent all-girls boarding school for that matter).

Thanks!

BlessingsGalore Sun 23-Jan-11 16:26:15

Although I prefer DH to the schools you mention I would have chosen WA for the sixth form. It is a tremendous academic prep for uni and by that stage the girls have grown out of their bitchy attitudes. I know CLC very well and Badminton and e latter is a waste of time if you have offers from the other three and the culture of CLC is not nice.

caringyetconfused Mon 24-Jan-11 12:27:40

We were quite torn between DH and WA but since my DD was offered an academic scholarship along with her offer of a place (she did not apply for scholarship for WA), we opted for DH. I would think that more people known of WA and CLC, and although reputation isn't everything to us, I was just worried whether DH is 'on par' to the other two schools.

Thank you for your opinion!

JL123 Thu 24-Feb-11 17:09:51

For interest why are you not impressed with Badminton? I thought it was supposed to be very good.

vence Sat 30-Mar-13 17:14:16

Hi, would be grateful if anyone can share their recent experience with Downe House, especially for Sixth Form? Our daughter is attending Sept 2013.

Honestyisbest Sat 30-Mar-13 20:57:11

Another vote for Wycombe. Impressive sixth form set up, girls are very independent when they leave.

goinggetstough Sun 31-Mar-13 08:26:35

My DD had an excellent time at Downe. She was well supported with her music, sport and extra curricular activities eg D of E. She has gone on to a RG university with excellent grades and very independent.

vence Mon 01-Apr-13 16:40:47

Many thanks for your feedback.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now