Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

The Brave Babes Battle Bus - Travelling Far And Wide, With Sobriety In Mind.

(1001 Posts)
Mouseface Wed 04-Sep-13 15:02:33

Welcome to the Bus one and all! I'm Mouse, one of the Brave Babes smile

We have a new line that we're taking with us on every journey, thanks to one of our wonderful Babes, Curry -

Alcohol Fosters Inertia.

So when you're drinking excessively, nothing changes, or improves, the sharp edges of our lives just becomes that little bit less in focus, blurred and all you feel is numb. Then like shit (emotionally, as well as physically) if you're honest! Who wants that?

You are only ever better/pacified/happy whilst the alcohol is in your system. And that doesn't last........... it's not a cure, it's a quick fix. A sticking plaster.

So, if you think you're drinking too much, and want some friendly advice, or just to come and have a chat, get to know others who are just like you, who won't judge or criticise you, then hop on board! smile

We're a really mixed bunch and all at different stages of our journey to find sobriety or certainly drinking in a more controlled, less dangerous way.

And, if you'd like to see where we've been so far, have a look at the links below smile

LAST THREAD

THE STARTING POINT AND WHY WE'RE ALL HERE

ruralreynard Fri 27-Sep-13 15:17:45

Isinde A very late Happy Birthday to you for yesterday blush.Well done my friend for staying AFgrin You are ahead of me. I thought about it and can't remember an alcohol free birthday. Even with 4 dc's only once was I pregnant on my birthday but then didn't know until about a week after.
Well done unhappy keep going.
In fact well done to all you fantastic babes who are not drinking whether its one day or years AF.
Incider forget yesterday, you did a day you can do it again. ODAAT, keep trying every af day is a victory.
I haven't posted for a couple of days as I dIdn't want to fess up and admit i failed again. Serial offender still and so angry with myself.
I managed 2 days and then slugged back a bottle on Wednesday.
AF yesterday so on day 2 again. The WW is calling already thats how bad i have got.
I will not be drinking today hmm
With that in mind,off to walk the dog smile

Isindesidecar Fri 27-Sep-13 15:15:11

TaDah!!!!

grin

Made my week that has

Isindesidecar Fri 27-Sep-13 15:14:39

Thread

Isindesidecar Fri 27-Sep-13 15:14:33

up the

Isindesidecar Fri 27-Sep-13 15:14:26

fill

Isindesidecar Fri 27-Sep-13 15:14:19

to

Isindesidecar Fri 27-Sep-13 15:14:08

Been the last one

Isindesidecar Fri 27-Sep-13 15:13:59

I have never

Isindesidecar Fri 27-Sep-13 15:13:51

In 4 years

Isindesidecar Fri 27-Sep-13 15:13:39

Oooh!

Isindesidecar Fri 27-Sep-13 15:13:24

Mouse you will be perfect. And if they have any sense they will take your furry little paw off!

Jesseismysecretcrush Fri 27-Sep-13 14:08:53

Thanks Mouse for new thread smile

Jesseismysecretcrush Fri 27-Sep-13 14:08:21

I'll help you Soc

Now where the feck is that barry, I need a good squid slapping this afternoon, I really do.

SocFish Fri 27-Sep-13 13:36:54

Filling the thread.

Mouseface Fri 27-Sep-13 12:52:56

Hello Babes

HERE IS THE NEW THREAD grin

<waits for mass exodus to the new thread to bag seats, bets that Purple wins grin>

Please fill this up first so that we don't leave anyone behind smile

Off to Harvest Festival.

Back later when I have to write 100 piece on why I should be on the School Parent Governors board.... <wibble> I'm going with my SN experience and the fact that I live in the village, DD went there and I can help other SN parents, that sort of thing......

All ideas welcome smile

Jesseismysecretcrush Fri 27-Sep-13 12:45:04

Glad it went well purple you are a good mum.

ma how are things?

Well done Socfish for managing the nasty old bag, we will be expecting her up in this hemisphere later. Sometimes getting under the duvet is the best defense, lots of love xx

Wow, increasing by multiples of 10! Obviously I am touched by you generosity but will decline your kind offer this morning thank you Isinde I have quite enough spare already

SocFish Fri 27-Sep-13 11:53:04

I am so muttering away. Crap day. Saw alcohol counselor which always makes me feel shit. I hate talking about "stuff". Just makes me want to drink!
I'm home in bed. Didn't go to AA. But I also haven't had a drink.
Good luck up there with Friday. She's a nasty old bag today.
Xxx

Isindesidecar Fri 27-Sep-13 11:49:07

Beaches I have another 30 of them here if you would like some more? grin

purple so glad it went well lovely. I suspect you will have to manage this very carefully for a while and hope for the best. Not easy and wishing you wisdom and strength. Xx

Purple It must be a situation which tears you in two. I expect the little ones are quite excited by the idea of a new 'big' brother, but when you are not sure how he will behave with their feelings and it must have been nerve racking. I am really pleased for you that it went well. smile

Socfish stop your muttering woman!!

I am on day 12 and at the moment the counting helps me. Today seems more difficult because it is Friday BUT it is only another day. I have been out and got some pineapple and tomato juice (not for some weird cocktail) so I am armed with some treat drinks for later. Thanks Faire for that advice. I am not so chuffed about the 3lb gift but it does seem quite at home here!

Good Luck for today babes smile

PurpleWolfe Fri 27-Sep-13 09:31:59

Many thanks to Guggs, Beaches, Jango and Baby for your kind support and comments on my eldest sons visit. I was really nervous introducing him to these three younger ones - his behaviour in the past hasn't been good - but it all went well. I had to think and re-think involving him in his half-brothers and half-sisters lives. They are still so impressionable. Thanks, Lovelies, your comments really helped. xxxxxx

Mouseface Fri 27-Sep-13 08:29:13

Morning, tis me, Mouse

Please bear with me, I'm solo this morning and need to take Nemo so school, new thread will be up in the next 30 mins or so, SORRY! blush

It's ready, I just need to C&P links xxx

Ladame Fri 27-Sep-13 07:48:49

Oh bugger!! (thinks .. can always pretend France is a whole day behind Liverpool hmm

Bonne Anniversaire pour hier cherie !! Lovely Liverpudlian Libran Lady xxxx

thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks

Anneisnotmyname Fri 27-Sep-13 07:34:52

Happy belated birthday insinde smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.