Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

The train has departed Loserville - Next stop Happy Town.

(997 Posts)
LoserNoMore Tue 23-Apr-13 19:06:34

Just went to post on my other thread but it's full already!

I'll attempt to link it but I'm on my phone so probably won't work.

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/relationships/1726699-Last-train-to-Loserville-Part-2

Excuse the cheesy title, my brain won't work. Just going to read last few replies on old thread.

JaxTellerIsAllMine Mon 13-May-13 22:10:02

our half term is end May. not sure if we are coming up weekend before or going home weekend after. It all depends on DH work schedule and how much my mother and sister drive me crazy!

so, we will be up around 27 May. Oh I forgot about Scottish summer hols being end June. I have been down here too long! If we are up over a weekend - or even pop down for fish n chips after school - I will let you know. Might even have a paddle in the sea. grin

I agree - give twunt the fright of his life and possible reality check with a solicitor letter. Maybe post in legal for some advice? Wont hurt and its free.

The people on the legal boards are very helpful.

cjel Mon 13-May-13 22:40:46

I think i should seriously point out that I wouldn't advise tesco. I actually had meltdown in wrose by the greetings cards. They got me first aider and arranged a taxi to the healthcentre and a freind to get off work early and come with me. This was not just any breakdown - this was a waitrose breakdown!!!!

minkembra Mon 13-May-13 23:51:12

LNM, Jax. East coast May weekend is 20/21 and west coast is usally the week after. so LNM you best check your calendar as the chances are your kids are off for long weekend from 24-28. just incase you got a shock.

and grin about wrose breakdown. and at scottish emotional integrity. I greet all over the place. pretty sure I will have given tesco a bash at some point. I cry everytime I go into wrose but only when I see their prices.grin (anyone who jumps in with a scottish gag at this point is on fer a sqaure go ken.wink)

JaxTellerIsAllMine Tue 14-May-13 07:00:56

Theres no Waitrose in Scotland! grin

arf @ Wrose breakdown. Did they not offer you tea and scones?

CabbageLeaves Tue 14-May-13 07:23:57

I shop online nowadays...

schoolshoeblues Tue 14-May-13 07:40:40

There is a waitrose on Byres road in glasgow....

minkembra Tue 14-May-13 07:52:05

jax ypu've been away too long. there's one in morningside (of course).

JaxTellerIsAllMine Tue 14-May-13 09:06:07

hahaha I have been away too long! almost 17 years! Alas Glasgow and morning side (natch) would have a waitrose, cant imagine there not being one actually.

But in the non salubrious parts of Scotland, can you imagine?

Junkies of Falkirk, Ayr and Hamilton, form an orderly queue for Waitrose!

schoolshoeblues Tue 14-May-13 14:50:52

It's full of maryhill junkies on a Friday night!

JaxTellerIsAllMine Tue 14-May-13 21:26:44

bless them, at least you know where to get your high end shopping from on a Saturday morning. wink

CabbageLeaves Wed 15-May-13 07:39:32

Morning LNM and the groupies

What news of a job....

yes have you heard anything yet?

lazarusb Wed 15-May-13 15:46:38

My exams are all over now smile

Hope your day is going well LNM and you've had some good news. Skipping tomorrow ladies...or maybe cake tomorrow and skipping Friday!grin

PyroclasticFlo Wed 15-May-13 16:33:23

Hope you've had some good news about the job LNM, I'm having a crappy hormonal day today and could do with a reason to have a large drink to celebrate vicariously grin

JaxTellerIsAllMine Wed 15-May-13 16:55:23

hope you have good news re new job today lnm.

Well done on last exam lazarus! you wont know what to do with yourself now. grin

I fell face first into a baguette today - not good when low carbing, but I used it for medicinal purposes, got a poorly tum and now feel much better.

LoserNoMore Wed 15-May-13 17:58:21

Not heard anything about the job sad she said she would let me know either way so fingers crossed. I did tell her I work until 5.30 so...

Another hellish day at work. Totally stressed out and feel absolutely terrible. I can't even eat, I'm trying to force myself but I can't physically swallow. I've had this headache for days and I'm so bloody tense I woke myself up in the middle of the night clenching my teeth so hard I had bit the inside of my mouth. I'm a wreck.

Sorry, I'd moan elsewhere but my friends seem to have went AWOL!

cjel Wed 15-May-13 18:08:48

moan away LNM!! can you try one of those supplement things like a milk shake drink they used to call them complan. don't taste too good (like bad milshake) but really good to get you nourished when you can't eat? Can you do a relaxation technique? I can remember having to do them every hr I was so tense!!

Fairenuff Wed 15-May-13 20:16:33

Only two more days til the weekend. Hang in there.

lazarusb Wed 15-May-13 20:41:11

Fingers crossed you'll get a call tomorrow. Try and have something like a banana or porridge to keep you going.

Jux - I have a stack of books (not textbooks!) from Christmas to read, a bedroom to decorate and some fun to have wink Then I need to try and find an internship and some training contracts...not sure I'm looking forward to those so much grin

LaurenGB Wed 15-May-13 20:53:45

Hey LNM, I just wanted to say fingers and toes crossed for you on hearing about the job. I have read your threads since the very beginning and now when I nip on the lappy, my OH always asks if I'm going on MN - and normally asks for an update on you.

I feel as though I should make the effort to brighten you up with my horrendous experience yesterday...
I go to this lovely gym, and on a Tuesday this really sweet man goes at the same time as me. I'm talking proper old - he has got to be 80 yrs old. Been going for a year now so always say hi and ask how he is etc. Anyhoo, I was doing some squats on one of the mats and he toddled over and started doing a few sit ups. A few minutes later I glanced down and he was really - erm - still. Eyes closed, mouth open at a funny angle. So I panicked, screamed and collapsed to the floor checking to see if he was breathing. Old man suddenly sits up with a start and screams in my face. Turns out he had fallen asleep.

What a dick. All this after trying to run away from a spider on an already very mobile treadmill last week. I worry that I am going to get a reputation sad

LNM Not sure if you'd consider this or not but there's a free app called Headspace which has 10min meditation recordings to listen to. It might help with the tension and anxiety you're struggling with at the moment. Worth a try?

CabbageLeaves Wed 15-May-13 22:03:18

LNM. I can't offer much practical help but in an Internet capacity I'm bringing a Chinese (or whatever rocks your boat) and a bottle of wine and just listening. You sound unsupported. I wish I could give you that

JaxTellerIsAllMine Wed 15-May-13 22:30:19

LNM - you moan as much as you want. Rant, rave and get it all out. We are all here for you.

Can you eat soup/yoghurt anything easy to swallow that doesnt take much chewing? Take it easy on yourself, but you must have something to keep you going.

LoserNoMore Wed 15-May-13 22:32:38

Thank you, Chinese and wine sound like a godsend!

That made me laugh Lauren, running from a spider on a treadmill! Nutter.

Dontworrybaby, I'll give anything a try. This constant pain in my head is driving me to tears sad

Cjel I'll maybe pick a shake up tomorrow.

Lazarus, glad your exams are finished, enjoy it.

It's not coming quick enough, Fairenuff.

LoserNoMore Wed 15-May-13 22:34:07

I'm trying Jax. I'm living on coffee and I'm sorry to say I'm back on the fags sad I was doing so well but just caved.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now