Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

The evening didn't end well...

(65 Posts)
Herecomesbod Fri 22-Mar-13 03:03:18

'D' H went to a colleague's leaving do after work, with my blessing. I'm currently on ML with DS and coincidentally DD was also at home with me today after our CM fell ill.

I went to bed at 10pm having fed DS who's still in our room. No idea what time H got home but DS woke at 1.30 for a feed. Whilst I fed DS, H got out of bed and pissed against the wall of the bedroom.

At first I just gently called out to hime to go to the bathroom, he said "I am in the bathroom". I told him he was weeing up against the radiator and he said "no I'm not." etc.

I couldn't get out of bed to move him into the bathroom as DS was still attached to me, and anyway H had finished marking his territory at this point and got back into bed. He'd left his shirt on the floor so I used that to soak up the wee.

I couldn't get back to sleep and ended up shouting at him to wake up, then moving the bedclothes to get a response. Finally he woke up and I really let rip at him. I even shoved the wee-soaked shirt in his face. Finally he responded by punching my arm. He reckons that of course he didn't piss up against our bedroom wall, that he's not drunk and why am I allowed to shove urine-soaked clothes in his face while he has to lie there and take it. Then he got back into bed.

I then moved DS into the spare bedroom with me. H followed me. I grabbed one of the phone extensions and dialled two nines and told him I would dial a third if he came near me. He kept telling me not to be so ridiculous, that of course he didn't piss in our bedroom and how come I'm the one allowed to wake him up by shoving a wet shirt in his face. I told him he'd really pissed his chips - literally.

Bit of background... In January, during a particularly heated argument, he punched me so hard in the arm it left a massive deep bruise for weeks. He also kicked me on the arse whilst I was holding DS. I told him that was his final warning and that I wouldn't tolerate DV.

Don't know why I'm posting really. I've read so much MN that the next step is obvious. He's off to a client meeting later this morning (flying, not driving). I intend to make sure he arrives home to a packed bag of essentials and a note telling him I don't want anything to do with him except through a solicitor.

I know it sounds like a massive overreaction on my part but I can't risk an escalation in violence with the DCs.

Thanks for reading my rant...

KeepCoolCalmAndCollected Fri 22-Mar-13 16:59:41

No it is not okay for him to punch you.

But it is ALSO not okay for you to shove a piss soaked shirt in his face.

You both sound aggressive to me!

FayeKorgasm Fri 22-Mar-13 17:27:09

Well done Here and good luck.

NatashaBee Fri 22-Mar-13 17:54:59

Yes, OP probably shouldn't have shoved the shirt in his face. But I agree that he crossed a line when he pissed in his son's bedroom, and after the previous incidents he should have stopped drinking if he was genuinely remorseful.

I hope everything goes OK from here onwards, OP, and that you don't have any issues with him.

colditz Fri 22-Mar-13 18:10:02

The shirt was only piss soaked because he pissed on it.

EggyFucker Fri 22-Mar-13 18:16:00

OP sounds completely rational about this, to me

I do hope you have come to the realisation that if you have come down to the level of provoking each other then it is Game Over.

It was his piss-soaked shirt! But even if the OP had pissed on a shirt and then shoved it in his face it still wouldn't justify physically assaulting her!

KeepCoolCalmAndCollected Fri 22-Mar-13 18:33:52

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

You really need to get this man out. There's no excuse for violence. No justification whatsoever. It seems to be becoming a habit for him. You need to end it before you become desensitized to it. I say that because that's what happened to my mum. She'd joke "oh, it was only a black eye this time. At least i'm not on crutches this time" "looks like I'll be wearing my hair up for a few weeks to hide this patch of missing hair" etc. It was only when he attacked me when I was 13 that she realised how bad a situation we were all in and finally threw him out. The beatings happened mostly when my dad had had a drink. It seemed if he couldn't remember doing it then it didn't happen sad

Incidently 112 is the European equivalent of 999. The number you need to call is 101 to log what has already happened. I'm a 999/112 operator and depressingly it appears the amount of calls relating to DV are rising.

Good luck Op smile

tightfortime Fri 22-Mar-13 23:15:17

So I'm sitting in bed feeding my child and my pissed OH, who hasn't the cop on to sleep in spare room when mortal, pisses everywhere. After he has already assaulted me. I, in the old EA passive days, would have taken baby to spare room and seethed, sleepless while he snored in his piss. And had the same row the next day only with a hungover twunt.

Dead right you shoved the shirt. Straw, camel, back. And I'm usually pro-pacification. Didn't get me anywhere.

Dead right, IMHO

It's not anger management, or goading. It's just bloody p'd off and at end of tether.

Hang in there x

MammaTJ Fri 22-Mar-13 23:18:07

Ripley, I am surprised the OP has not heard from the police. Am I now wrong in what I said earlier about them going to two 9s calls?

They certainly used to!

Follyfoot Sat 23-Mar-13 10:11:48

I dont think they would do anything with a 99 call - after all, it hasnt actually connected to anywhere so they wouldnt know.

My DD - then a toddler - rang 999 one day by accident and without my knowledge. The police did turn up, bless them.

SpecialAgentDaenerysTargaryen Sat 23-Mar-13 10:29:59

DV apologists always leave me in two frames of mind:

A.) They are projecting their own abusive tendencies/the fact they're in an abusive relationship
B.) Extreme distress that people are that heartless.

IamthegreatProcrastinator Sat 23-Mar-13 10:37:24

OP you sound like a very strong woman. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to do what you're doing. Good for you!!

TheProvincialLady Sat 23-Mar-13 10:46:35

PLEASE contact the police now, rather than keeping evidence etc. What is holding you back? Of course the tosser doesn't want you to, but what is holding YOU back? He assaulted you, it's illegal, it's immoral, it's dangerous. Your relationship is over and you don't need to protect him, his precious reputation or his career etc etc. What you need is help and support and the police will be able to help you with that, if you let them. You might well find that he doesn't react well to finding his bags packed....contact the police and get their support. Please.

differentnameforthis Sat 23-Mar-13 11:46:09

He'd left his shirt on the floor so I used that to soak up the wee

not that is makes a difference, but he didn't piss on his shirt...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now