Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Do you think we ever get the whole truth ?

(47 Posts)
Mosman Thu 21-Mar-13 04:55:45

H reckons its all out, I have nightlong feeling its not and last time I ignored my guy feelings lo

Mosman Wed 27-Mar-13 00:22:31

Lol I know.

EggyFucker Wed 27-Mar-13 00:16:05

Hmm, let me think < scratches chin ruminatively >

What should you be more likely to believe is nearer to the truth ...

1) your own counsellor who says your H is a womaniser and would do that even if his marriage was 100% perfect (he's had 3 affairs that you know of blames you for them and shagged other women on significant family days)

2) what he tells you that his counsellor told him (because he is known for his honesty, this twat, isn't he ?)

It's a toughie. Not.

izzyizin Wed 27-Mar-13 00:08:24

Would it involve having half a dozen slow comfortable screws?

Mosman Tue 26-Mar-13 23:55:12

I know what I'll be doing on his grin

izzyizin Tue 26-Mar-13 23:40:51

What did he do on your birthday? Fuck two?

Mosman Tue 26-Mar-13 23:36:56

And of course once I downloaded all the texts from his phone, there were two other meetings and it turns out he fucked one tart on our daughters Birthday.
Lovely.

boxershorts Fri 22-Mar-13 10:51:31

Whole truth? Seldom get it because truth can be different seen through different. This does not excuse deliberate liars

Mosman Fri 22-Mar-13 10:41:30

Thanks izzy you are a star

izzyizin Fri 22-Mar-13 03:15:31

<props eyelids up with matchsticks>

It's either very late or very early here - I'm too tired and weary to work out which so it's g'night from me and g'day, or g'afternoon as the case may be, to you, Mos.

izzyizin Fri 22-Mar-13 03:09:49

The only making it 'work' he's got in mind is for you to work your arse off providing the equivalent of a 5* hotel for him to shit/shower/shave, have 3 squares & unlimited snacks, and groom himself to buff perfection <fat chance but his mirror reflects miracles> in order to dupe chat up ow with a view to engaging in more encounters of the up close and personal kind.

Mosman Fri 22-Mar-13 03:03:41

grin Brilliant
(He can shaft me as often as his schedule allows)

izzyizin Fri 22-Mar-13 03:01:54

Would that be to shaft him, or shaft you? grin

Mosman Fri 22-Mar-13 02:53:53

Oh God no he's not putting it anywhere near me again, it's more that he wants to stay living together and kind of doing our own thing and if with counselling we can be friends and make that work that he's got in mind.
I on the other hand have a fly in fly out miner with a big dick in mind

izzyizin Fri 22-Mar-13 02:46:08

Waver???!!! shock Wtf!!! After what he's done, you should be as solid as Uluru in your resolve to dump the fucker as soon as he's served his purpose and you've got your residency.

I mean, come ON, honey. You don't have the full sp tally but knowing some of where his dick's been, can you seriously contemplate having it next to you again?

Mosman Fri 22-Mar-13 02:27:53

When I waver, not like every day

Mosman Fri 22-Mar-13 02:27:35

I know I know. Please keep telling me grin

jynier Fri 22-Mar-13 01:58:15

Mosman, - so sorry that you have been hurt; sending best wishes - take heed of the wise ones!

izzyizin Fri 22-Mar-13 01:54:11

The fluence is upon me - hope you're feeling the woo too, tall grin

*do-de-do-do, do-de-do-do* <Twilight Zone Soundtrack>

izzyizin Fri 22-Mar-13 01:30:02

I'm sure we've had this conversation before - but I can't find any trace of it hmm

What it comes down to is that he's an inadequate twat who feels threatened by your achievements/abilities and if you don't ditch him now, he'll do the dirty on you with a younger woman and leave you high and dry when you least expect it, or when you really don't need it - such as when you're 50+.

As he hasn't got any redeeming features, you're best advised to stick to your original plan, secure your residency, and boot him into the out back. <definitely a touch of deja vu at the end of that sentence smile>

Mosman Fri 22-Mar-13 01:07:34

Lol
I shall keep reading and reread inch that post until it sinks in

izzyizin Fri 22-Mar-13 00:26:26

H is sorry but is adamant that I played a part in him being unhappy therefore he cheated

Presupposing you had 'played a part' in him being unhappy, it doesn't necessarily follow that he needed to relieve his misery by fucking ow, does it? He could have chosen to discuss his alleged unhappiness with you and, at the very least, have given you fair warning that if you continued to do x he'd seek consolation by getting his leg over with random women whenever opportunity arose.

The fact is that even if you were able to conduct a forensic examination of his motives/methods and view real time videos of him chatting up and getting off with ow, it would do nothing to lessen the impact of his betrayals or ease your pain.

As for the truth, this can be either subjective or objective, but in matters of personal relationship we each have our own which can vary according to our moods/wants/needs.

That said, I believe that at some deep level we know everything and what we might not know at any given time will eventually be revealed, albeit years/decades later.

This counsellor I've seen is convinced there are one night stands littered between the affairs and has basically said he's a womaniser who will never change because he doesn't want to and I don't know the half of it

Your counsellor's opinon is in accord with that of this board. Of course your h desperately wants the chance to try again. Why wouldn't he? He's got you down as a mug who'll continue to service his needs while he keeps his options open.

As I've previously observed, leopards don't change their spots and if you're fool enough to give him another chance, he'll take advantage of it and dump you without a backward glance should he encounter a sheila who's as daft as you are in believing that whatever comes out of his mouth is anything other than a pack of self-serving lies.

Mosman Fri 22-Mar-13 00:10:44

He was begging now he's bored of all that

lemonstartree Thu 21-Mar-13 23:51:09

THREE affairs? why do you want him?

especially since t does not sound as though he is taking any responsibility at ALL for having done this. He should be on the floor bloody begging.

tessa6 Thu 21-Mar-13 23:39:57

Mosman, this is really really clear. He is going to rationalise his behaviour as your fault because it's much more comfortable for him. It sounds very much like he would be unfaithful even if the relationship was good and solid, which few relationships are continuously and forever anyway. Knowing this, what do you think?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now