Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Why are so many people up at this hour? Thread 2

(1000 Posts)
izzyizin Sun 03-Mar-13 23:30:59

Previous thread: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/relationships/1669515-Why-are-so-many-people-up-at-this-hour

This is what happens, jynier grin

Continue uninterrupted....

jynier Mon 04-Mar-13 02:52:31

absolutelylost - Please start your own thread and state that you are feeling fragile. MN royalty will be there to understand, guide and help you through your difficulties. Think that what you are experiencing from DH is called "hostile disengagement" but you really would benefit from help from very experienced posters. Good luck!

Abigail9580 Mon 04-Mar-13 02:54:06

Right off to be a midwife to a ewe who looks like she needs to be reminded how to breath! I'll be back in a little it.

Lost, i think cafe is right, you need to do what's right for you at this moment in time.

Lostonthemoors Mon 04-Mar-13 02:55:04

DS is now sleeping - and hadn't been sick for a whole 30 mins. Says quiet prayer and hopes small boy gets to sleep now.

Feel like such a bad mummy for taking him swimming earlier. He was miserable and shivery in the pool and now I know why sad in my defence he seemed ok before I took him

Lostonthemoors Mon 04-Mar-13 02:55:58

Good luck Abigail's ewe smile looking forward to hearing about new lambs v soon.

starsandunicorns Mon 04-Mar-13 02:57:37

Lol shes 15 now Abigail but still rather cute but with doc martins and backcombed hair used to live near welsh border loved the lambing season though know its tieing for you. Still go baaa when vist my sister as she has three fields of sheep right by her house its fab

right my lovelys going to bed have to call angency in morning and beg for work.

Abigail9580 Mon 04-Mar-13 02:59:23

Well she's had one before I could get out if my chair ( bad midwife- I was distracted!) so I'll go and be more attentive for the next ones. She's having 3 you see! Then I need to feed Derek, James and Paula the orphan lambs baa-ing at my feet!! They are free to a loving home?!

Lostonthemoors Mon 04-Mar-13 03:02:59

Wish we had space - I would love a little lamb smile grew up near farms so used to feed the orphan lambs as a kid.

Imagine having 3 babies. No triplets here please, though it's a bit hard TTC when bf a toddler still seems to mean no cycle at all confused

Lostonthemoors Mon 04-Mar-13 03:10:38

No more sick so going to try a wee kip. Sleep well all those trying and have a good night all working drs, sheep midwives and other late night people.

jynier Mon 04-Mar-13 03:12:32

lost on the moors - I became pregnant twice while BF; each time when baby was 10 months old. Had normal periods while BF first baby - none at all when BF second child.

ripsishere Mon 04-Mar-13 03:34:01

Absolutely can you start a mini thread so yours doesn't get lost amongst the stethoscopes and lambs?
I'm in trouble at both ends now, finger and an eye full of curry noodle seasoning.

ripsishere Mon 04-Mar-13 03:36:27

I'd love asheep. It wouldn't be safe on floor 19 though, it would be safe from me eating it. I don't like sheep meat

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Mon 04-Mar-13 03:39:46

morning. Can I join in?

Non-sleeping toddler who doesn't get that we've all got to be up for work in 2 hours. Already been up 2.5 hrs.

Hoping this will jinx him to sleep.

Absolutelylost Mon 04-Mar-13 04:03:47

Thanks for your thoughts, have just come off the phone from a lovely lady Samaritan. Don't think I could face a thread of my own, even when I said I was feeling fragile I still got loads of LTB. I KNOW he's behaved awfully but I can't throw my marriage away as easily as he can...

BlueyDragon Mon 04-Mar-13 04:04:30

Morning all! I'm up because chemo and supporting drugs stop me sleeping. But it also makes me part of the Borg as I can be plugged into an iv any time, should you need to. Sadly I don't look like Seven of Nine though.

No lambs, please, Abigail, but where did you get the names for the orphans from? Sounds like a 1990s Radio 2 DJ list grin.

rips, curry sauce at both ends - yeowch!

Hope those with poorly DCs and "D" Hs/Ps are ok and getting some sleep.

jynier Mon 04-Mar-13 04:40:58

absolutelylost - think that you are in shock and need some TLC. I think that I posted on one of your threads (not completely sure). I love my XP very, very deeply but he doesn't care for me any more. In fact, I discovered that he was leading a double life for several years. I know what you are going through and am sending best wishes for the future. Wish that there was an "unlove" button in the brain!

BlueyDragon - so sorry about your illness. Are you in hospital? Hate those places! People tell me that chemo is awful. Sending very best wishes. x

MrsShrek3 Mon 04-Mar-13 05:28:38

aha. have been searching for this thread for 20 minutes blush
interspersed with mucho lurking elsewhere, obvgrin

MrsShrek3 Mon 04-Mar-13 05:34:14

looks like I turned up lateto the party, again wink

jynier Mon 04-Mar-13 05:56:57

MrsShrek - were you looking for something/someone in particular? Am afraid that my fellow "supposedly" insomniacs are lightweights who all went to bed ages ago!

BlueyDragon Mon 04-Mar-13 08:42:30

I'm not in hospital, thankfully, except as a day case - they can send me home with special pumps thanks to the Borg port. One of the side effects is rubbish sleep though sad. Thanks for the good wishes though, it's always nice to get the cheering on!

Morning MrsShrek.

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Mon 04-Mar-13 09:12:25

morning allsmile
welcome to blueydragonborg. I'm sorry you are ill and having to undergo chemo. What a rotton thingangry sad You are welcome here. thanks

Congratulations Abigail on the successful birth of your lamb (slurp)blush . Are you actually a farmer or do you have another job and own a few cheggers sheep?

absolutelylost I'm glad you had a positive chat with the Samaritans, that's good news. How are things this morning? I think it's commendable that you don't want to give up on your marriage. Please don't think you aren't welcome on this thread. thanks

Well after I went to Ned st 2ish I started to feel immensely sick and my tummy was bubbly then I became freezing cold. This lasted over an hour but I wasn't sick or anythingconfused then it just went rely quickly and I fell into a deep sleep. my daughter thankfully slept till 8.15 so I caught up and feel fine this morning confused

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Mon 04-Mar-13 09:26:36

wem and lostonthemoors how are your children this morning? smile I hope you all ended up with some rest.

stars any luck on the work front this morning? smile

jynier I'm not a so called insomniac grin I go on mumsnet when I'm feedingy daughter, otherwise I'm asleep smile

cafe ah lovely cafe, o take it your silenc means you slept? Or are you still in the cold shower? hmm Yes I do sign with her but I do BSL as it is what I know. Is it advanced? I don't know about child development. Some people have told me she is in some aspects of her development though, like 'small world play'. Love your son's super hero elephant. Our two should get together and take over the world grin bear

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Mon 04-Mar-13 09:37:44

Cripes underwaterbasketweaver how are you feeling this morning? sad

lost I've got the same breastfeeding a toddler/trying to conceive problem although actually getting round to having sex might help wink

wem Mon 04-Mar-13 10:50:59

Thanks Kitty, didn't get much rest though, no. DD1 stopped being sick but having spent most of yesterday in bed she decided she wasn't tired any more and continued crying every 15/20 mins or so through the night sad.

She's much better now, has eaten and had water without it coming back up. She's asleep again now though, v tempting to leave her but don't want to risk a repeat performance tonight.

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Mon 04-Mar-13 11:47:57

I know what you mean wem. There's a balance to be met between giving in to the poorly lethargy and getting oodles of recuperating sleep and ending up with a day/night reversal. How old is she? Sorry if I've missed that. Are you having to juggle work too?

wem Mon 04-Mar-13 12:11:21

No, luckily I'm a SAHM, so no work juggling. DD1 is 4. The last time she was ill like this she slept for practically the whole 24hrs so we thought we were safe letting her sleep this time. She's up now, a bit grumpy bur with much more colour in her face smile.

This thread is not accepting new messages.