Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Here we go again. Dating thread 42

(1000 Posts)

Evening all. As you were.

ike1 Sat 23-Feb-13 15:28:03

...he would like nothing better than to drape himself over a female all night (was about to write inflict) sooooooo not me....I guess you can see why it had to end..

ike1 Sat 23-Feb-13 15:29:44

...after giving you a vigorous pounding with his tree trunk cock ....ew shudder..

ike1 Sat 23-Feb-13 15:31:59

its all too bastarding intimate and invasive for my detatched tastes. No a quick formal visit for a cursory shag n chat then back to your own domain...phew!

mercury7 Sat 23-Feb-13 16:00:41

yes i like a man who will show up, get to work and then leave when he's spent

i dont like anyone breathing near me when im trying to sleep

KinNora Sat 23-Feb-13 16:09:31

To be fair, I like a cuddle at bed time and then the lucky gentleman to bugger off to his side of the bed, not envelop me in his sweaty grip all night. See also them covering me up with the duvet when I've kicked it off - I like to be cold.

Pomegranatenoir Sat 23-Feb-13 16:10:13

I am a romantic. I love snuggles in bed! I love going to sleep with someone and waking up together sleepy and snuggly!! I'm still dreaming that I'm going to meet a man who will instantly fall in love with me and we will live happily ever after. The more time I spend on this thread I realise the reality will be something very, very different!!!!

Scrazy Sat 23-Feb-13 16:11:10

I had a cracking night out last night, lovely party and a few of us went round town and to the local night club, think I got home around half 3!! There is life in the old dog yet. It was great getting attention from various young men half my age, well I was in fancy dress, but it wasn't in a leery way, I'm quite quiet.

OWW, I understand exactly where you are coming from. If you are in love, you need to know it's reciprocated as the alternative is a load of pain in the future, believe me. With my last one if I hadn't developed feeling for him I could have kept it going for years. Just seeing each other once a week all lighthearted and fun, indeed, that is what he hoped for but I couldn't carry on feeling deflated when we left each other and looking back I was being used, I can see it now, but couldn't at the time. I would get things in the open next time you see him. It's better than keep waiting for him to catch up when it might never happen, that's if he needs to catch up, he might be feeling the same way as you are. I really hope he is.

Velvet, I would be cautious in this one too and would try to broach the subject of where he sees it going. You can be cool with it, but I get the impression that your feelings are developing and the level of contact might warrant a casual, meh, approach and I know it's not what you want in the long run.

Hi to everyone else.

Does anyone here know how to turn off the mains water. My stopcock is leaking, def not a euphemism. I've turned the water off but I'm scared it will burst anyway with the pressure. Bastard things always happen at the weekend and I can't afford a weekend plumber. My house is held together with duck tape generally and it doesn't take much sad

I like a snuggle but I can't fall asleep like that. I feel constricted if someone has their arm or leg draped over me or vice versa.

Incidentally, lemon drizzle is in the oven. Voice's cooking tip for today: warm the lemon(s) slightly in the microwave before you squeeze them. You get more juice that way. Tis true.

Mains water outside in the street that is.

Voice I always warm my lemons before I squeeze them wink

<Diversion from drama under the stairs>

KinNora Sat 23-Feb-13 16:16:18

Juliette, I think there's usually a mains water tap thing at the entrance to your property - so under the path, beneath one of those little grey metal covers.

KinNora Sat 23-Feb-13 16:17:53
VelvetSpoon Sat 23-Feb-13 16:23:01

I really like having someone to cuddle up to in bed. It's been rather lovely waking up on a Saturday with C holding my hand the last couple of weeks.

Scrazy, your night out sounds fab grin Glad you enjoyed yourself

I think you're right re C, my feelings are developing, but I don't want to be barking up the wrong tree if he sees it differently. On paper I can see how the lack of contact all looks a bit disinterested from his pov, but that doesn't square with how he is when he's with me (when I do feel he really likes me). I am also thinking that although I am quite demonstrative, I don't really give anything away to him in terms of thoughts or feelings, so he may be as unsure as me. Who knows?!

Thank you Kin. Found it, stuck hand down into freezing water. Off to DIY shop. I hate this stuff

Scrazy Sat 23-Feb-13 16:28:11

Bloody feelings, why do we have to have them. What purpose do they serve especially when you look at how many love affairs/real deal relationships don't last.

I wish I hadn't had them for the ex. I've been an ice queen with so many others.

KinNora Sat 23-Feb-13 16:31:16

I keep meaning to do a DIY course, Juliette, my ambition is to build a brick wall.

I reckon, Velvet, the acid test is if the enjoyment/fun/pleasure of being with Cuthbert is outweighed by the niggling doubts you have.

Scrazy, that sounds like a good night.

KinNora Sat 23-Feb-13 16:32:20

Scrazy - feelings are bastards , as I'm sure the Dalai Lama is often heard to say.

OhWesternWind Sat 23-Feb-13 16:42:40

Help quick please. Have been texting a bit this afternoon, said I'd had a bath and got into my pyjamas as I was feeling a bit low. It's not just the LM thing, there's stuff at work and about my dad too that he knows about. But he has texted to say if hes upset me and kept phoning, just don't know what to say, can't speak today as it will just all come pouring out.

Flipper924 Sat 23-Feb-13 16:46:34

Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing, OWW?

OhWesternWind Sat 23-Feb-13 16:48:03

It would be terrible over the phone!!!

micshi Sat 23-Feb-13 16:52:20

Good luck tonight ChooChoo. At least if there is no spark you're not forced to talk for ages as you're watching a play. Sounds like a good idea.

Thanks everyone else who gave advice on first dates. I may be going out for drinks on Monday evening with Mr.Turk and I'll see if Mr.Greek carries on messaging me & asks me out!

Good luck to anyone else on a date tonight!

Thank goodness for the Polish builder who lives across the road. Thank double goodness for the Polish builder's wife who made he come over here are soon as he got home from work. I now have a new stopcock.

WarmFuzzyFun Sat 23-Feb-13 17:25:49

<sings>Neighbours, everybody needs good neighbours ....grin

WarmFuzzyFun Sat 23-Feb-13 17:26:25

Come find us on a new thread....

This thread is not accepting new messages.