Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Why are so many people up at this hour ?

(1000 Posts)
SummerDad Sun 27-Jan-13 01:25:39

Just wondering ...

MissAliceBand Sat 23-Feb-13 01:53:15

I am almost always up at this hour

But this time I have learned something, and have taken note.

So thank you grin

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Sat 23-Feb-13 02:16:52

Hi cuddy cafe. I'm here. have had an on and off week quack-wise. My tonsilitis is on the move but was joined by conjunctivitis halfway through.sad I've been keeping on the ice cream as per doctors orders. grin

Still being disappointed in the house hunting.

You seem to be on a massive south American tip. Is there a reason for this or does it just inexplicably draw you?

why are you in a train in a field?

Summerdad what's this I hear about your pencil?

jynier you're norty grin nice to detect a playful quality to your post. How are you?

so should we all be taking krill or just summerdad for his pencil and those of who need to lubricate joints.

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Sat 23-Feb-13 02:20:24

hi wakeup. sad I spoke to you on your other thread. How are the logistics working out? Any nearer sorting? Are you in Spain yet?

How are you? thanks

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Sat 23-Feb-13 02:21:38

welcome MissAliceBand smile

MissAliceBand Sat 23-Feb-13 02:25:32

Thanks Kitty grin

Wakeup I am really sorry about your Mum.

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Sat 23-Feb-13 02:55:47

cafecito you're very money? grin

Well I certainly think so...you're the bomb, baby! You're money baby! wink

jynier Sat 23-Feb-13 08:40:12

Hope that you are all ok, especially Wakeup.

Have been on the net all night trying to find out more about the HRT horse farms. I wrote to my MP a while back expressing my concern about the plight of the mares and their foals. Always assumed that the poor animals would end up as pet food; no longer think that this is the case! I stopped taking Premarin (HRT) years ago when I discovered that it was derived from the urine of pregnant mares, who were kept in stalls with catheters permanently attached to their bladders. If you are interested, you can visit a site called "Stop Premarin." (I don't know how to share a link - sorry!.) Have to warn you that there are some very distressing images.

jynier Sat 23-Feb-13 08:54:44

Wish that I could "share" an interview with Mary Creach (shadow environment minister) from the Ulster Times but don't know how to do it. Am not as good as you youngsters are with technology! Not even sure if I have spelt her name correctly; you will all sort it out, I'm sure! (If you're interested.) So far, none of the pharmaceutical companies have been named in the horsemeat scandal.

SummerDad Sat 23-Feb-13 10:57:59

Hi wakeup very sorry to hear about your loss. The other kind souls on this thread has posted some practical wisdom about grief so I have noting more to add except that you would find us here almost 24/7 if that could help you.

SummerDad Sat 23-Feb-13 11:06:40

jynier et. al what I have missed here, I see some kril oil, zinc and lead in the pencil rofl. You are very naughty jyner as Kitty already said smile.

Midwife99 Sat 23-Feb-13 16:50:21

I think you had to be there summerdad! grin But if you too have creaky ageing arthritic old lady joints then krill oil sounds like a godsend! However zinc was attributed to pencil lead enhancement which may be of more interest to you!

SummerDad Sat 23-Feb-13 18:26:14

<sigh> what's the point of adding more lead to the pencil, it will also go wasted smile do you have any tips to keep it down though :P

cafecito Sat 23-Feb-13 22:57:52

if there is one thing worse than my ipad posting, it is attempting to squint at my scary touch screen phone (broken screened, at that) while on a train in the middle of the night grin think I meant mopey kitty grin

jynier I can't find the article, but you can share it just by highlighting the whole address of the web link, ctrl + c, then pasting it into a post here with ctrl + v, that would work-

cafecito Sat 23-Feb-13 22:58:21

am luddite extraordinaire, clearly!

cafecito Sat 23-Feb-13 23:00:50

I have a 3 year old asking me how, precisely, there are so many pontepines and where did they come from confused

expatinscotland Sat 23-Feb-13 23:02:19

I have dreadful lurgy and now, annoyingly, I am hungry.

cafecito Sat 23-Feb-13 23:03:11

kitty I think we should all be taking it. jynier- that premarin stuff is shocking. I used to work on quite a few product liability/defective product cases (pharmaceutical products) it's all highly unethical and scary, really (says she, main aspect of training being prescribing ever increasing volumes of drugs for everything)

cafecito Sat 23-Feb-13 23:04:25

waves at expat!

SummerDad Sat 23-Feb-13 23:31:10

hey cafe how are you doing, it is freezing tonight.

MrsShrek3 Sat 23-Feb-13 23:45:10

cafe, nooooo, not the Pontipine debate grin They're the world's worst parents, look what their kids get up to!

MrsShrek3 Sun 24-Feb-13 00:59:08

ahem. are you lot sleeping shock ??

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Sun 24-Feb-13 01:35:59

Well the pontipines procreate u
like everyone else of course....

I believe Mr pontipine has some zinc, then Mr and Mrs P have a special cuddle that only mummies and daddies do and then...blush

oh ask summerdad grin

was I a lot of help?

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Sun 24-Feb-13 01:38:08

what happened to my 'just'?

That was meant to say 'just like everyone else'

MrsShrek3 Sun 24-Feb-13 01:40:10

was.Mr Postpone a very big pencil? clearly he had plenty of lead in his wooden @#%&/&

MrsShrek3 Sun 24-Feb-13 01:40:44

i typed pontipine and got bloody AUTOCORRECTEDgrin

This thread is not accepting new messages.