Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Omg!!!! I've just found out

(164 Posts)
Stopthepidgeon Sat 17-Nov-12 16:15:18

Okay - so following on from my should I should I not track my cheating husband thread .....

He has taken our dc out to visit his parents - and left his computer open

I am dumbstruck to find out he has secret savings in excess of £1 million!!

This is not a stealth boast - I am in total shock

Brycie Wed 21-Nov-12 17:18:24

I think it's the same woman and a fake TB page. Like safflower.

Brycie Wed 21-Nov-12 17:18:42

TB? FB.

Brycie Wed 21-Nov-12 17:21:10

He sounds cunning enough to surprise you with the fact that he knows just what your doing and is working the best way forward for him. I agree with everyone to see a lawyer and get it on the table.

BlameItOnTheCuervHoHoHo Wed 21-Nov-12 17:24:02

Could it just be that she is unsearchable (I am) by non-friends.

Its all v strange.

HappySunflower Wed 21-Nov-12 17:30:21

Are you clearing your own internet searching history- using a password protected account? You need to stay one step ahead of him to avoid him finding out what you know/tracking down your Mumsnet posts. Off the beaten track might be a good place to post in the future so that your posts don't appear in active conversations...

I agree that it is time to consult a very well regarded solicitor.

It is possible that you are blocked from that particular person's Facebook account!

Brycie Wed 21-Nov-12 17:32:13

yes - cookies too I think.

Apocalypto Wed 21-Nov-12 18:55:15

the mystery FB page could be a fake one containing the credentials for all his secret bank accounts.

in plain view is often a good place to hide things.

Stopthepidgeon Wed 21-Nov-12 19:23:38

I'm pretty sure I've covered my tracks - cleared history etc. but good point.

GhostShip Wed 21-Nov-12 19:25:06

clear history and cookies, but afterwards go on something innocent so it doesn't look cleared.

LadyFlumpalot Wed 21-Nov-12 19:29:58

Argh. I work in a pension admin office for high net worth clients and I really, REALLY want to ask the OP to PM me her husbands name in case he has a pension with us.

But I won't, because that would be completely unethical, against the rules (and law) and just stupid.

Still really want to though.

OP - FT could well have made her Facebook completely private. I've turned mine private, to the point where I can't be searched for.

This all sounds to me as if he may be setting you up in some way.

Maybe the money is fake

Maybe the FB account is fake

Could he be trying to see if you are snooping? Is there some kind of history between you regarding this?

It just seems weird that he would leave all this stuff to be discovered....unless for some reason that's what he wants.

Could he be trying to cover up something else? and throw you off the scent?

Not sure what though...

chucksaway Fri 23-Nov-12 20:22:36

regarding facebook - the woman in question probably has a private setting which means she cant be searched for - however, if your husband knows a mutual friend of hers then he can look at this persons friend list and gain access to her facebook page that way. just because you have opted to be non-searchable on facebook doesnt mean you cant be seen in your friends' friend list - hope that makes sense - although it is possible to hide your friend list not everyone does this. but anyhow thats the most feasible explanation of that

AnotherMumOnHere Sat 24-Nov-12 10:22:04

Going back to facebook. I have an 'exfriend' who doesnt show up on a search if you put in her name, but if you put in her email address then it does. Can you get her email address from your DH account and check that way?

ThatVikRinA22 Sat 24-Nov-12 11:41:03

i think the fact that you are going the these levels of extreme snooping shows how much trust is left in this relationship.

id call it a day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now