Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

got a date tonight and I'm getting nervous!

(364 Posts)
CrispyHedgehog Mon 24-Sep-12 16:50:04

help!!!!

DreamingofSummer Mon 24-Sep-12 16:51:49

Don't pick your nose

kinkyfuckery Mon 24-Sep-12 16:52:27

Where are you off to, and who with?

cheesestrung Mon 24-Sep-12 16:52:45

Ohh, how did you meet him? where are you going?

CrispyHedgehog Mon 24-Sep-12 16:55:01

He's a paramedic, met him in A&E the other night when a friend's husband was taken ill. Been texting on and off over the weekend.

Meeting tonight in a pub and then going on to eat something, but not meeting til 9.30

I'll try not to pick my nose but I'm worried about farting grin

Apocalypto Mon 24-Sep-12 17:14:50

With the farting you should be OK as long as there are no candles nearby. If there are and you do find yourself engulfed in sheets of anal flame, well, he is a paramedic.

kinkyfuckery Mon 24-Sep-12 17:16:36

Oh that's fab, at least you have met each other before and aren't going in 'blind'.
If you won't be eating until that late, make sure and eat something light beforehand, maybe at about 6.30-ish, just in case you decide to stay and have a few drinks and never manage to get out for something to eat - getting bladdered on a first date might not be good!

kinkyfuckery Mon 24-Sep-12 17:16:42

Oh that's fab, at least you have met each other before and aren't going in 'blind'.
If you won't be eating until that late, make sure and eat something light beforehand, maybe at about 6.30-ish, just in case you decide to stay and have a few drinks and never manage to get out for something to eat - getting bladdered on a first date might not be good!

CrispyHedgehog Mon 24-Sep-12 17:33:00

Just had a cheese toastie, lol

oh gawd.. I dunno what to wear!

Jeans with nice top
Tailored shorts and blazer, with opaques underneath
or a dress?

maleview70 Mon 24-Sep-12 17:43:53

Blokes view- option 1.

kinkyfuckery Mon 24-Sep-12 17:45:04

Where are you going to eat? Pub, or restaurant? What were you wearing when you met him?

OhWesternWind Mon 24-Sep-12 17:46:55

I would go for Jeans and nice top too, not too dressed up, keep the make up fairly light too. Loads of good luck and enjoy it!

CrispyHedgehog Mon 24-Sep-12 18:01:09

I think a restaurant.. most pubs stop doing food by 9ish don't they? He's coming from scuba diving to meet me!

I was wearing a vivien of holloway halter dress when we met.. so very dressed up.. that's what got us talking cos he thought I was into rock n roll and jiving and stuff

oh gaaaaaaaaaawd!!!

ok.. so black skinnies, black top with lacy bits, patent loafers and a biker jacket?

kinkyfuckery Mon 24-Sep-12 18:04:55

Can you do heels with that outfit?

CrispyHedgehog Mon 24-Sep-12 18:09:19

yeah I could but not immense ones cos I'll break my neck, lol

bit of silver jewellery with it?

very well done for having the foresight to pick up a bloke while in A&E - you deserve a good night for that! smile

I would personally go for the shorts and blazer

izzyizin Mon 24-Sep-12 18:29:23

Sounds promising, Crispy. Medics usually have a stash of black humoured amusing tales to tell and he'll be no stranger to the odd stiff or 10, plus he enjoys going down exploring hidden depths grin

Let him do the talking and listen carefully to what he's saying as men always reveal who they are within the first date or 2.

CrispyHedgehog Mon 24-Sep-12 21:11:30

izzy, he's definitely a man with a story.. very intriguing but my twat radar is on full beam. One thing in his favour is that hes the same age as me, my last two relationships were 13 and 10 years younger respectively, lol

I went with the shorts, chiffon blouse, opaques and loafers (in case I need to scarper) in the end, just with some diamond ear studs

izzyizin Mon 24-Sep-12 21:20:04

You're going for an older man and playing the role of ingenue this time? Could be a wise decision, Crispy.

Have a great time and don't forget the essential post-date no holds barred update grin

wednesdaygirl Mon 24-Sep-12 21:29:03

Enjoy grin

swooosh Tue 25-Sep-12 04:58:20

Well?

izzyizin Tue 25-Sep-12 05:23:59

The vultures are gathering well-wishers are agog to know how it went, Crispy grin

Marking my place to hear the gory details

izzyizin Tue 25-Sep-12 06:57:45

<<wonders if he took Crispy home to see his snorkel oxygen tank>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now