DH made redundant - needs to keep his mind active

(28 Posts)
JosMorgan Tue 01-Jan-13 22:17:50

As from today my husband is out of work, he was made redundant at the end of Nov, his employment ceased yesterday. While he spends his time searching for a new role I have encouraged him to spend some time getting fitter and doing some of the things that interest him instead of spending every waking hour looking for a job. He has said to me today that he needs to find a way to keep his mind active. I'm at a loss for ideas apart from the obvious, like reading.

Can anyone help with some ideas pls?

Slambang Sat 11-May-13 17:51:18

grandma I've seen. Am pm-ing you now. smile

ThreadPirateFanjoBeard Tue 04-Jun-13 11:55:23

Another one in the same boat. These are great tips. Thank you!

JosMorgan Mon 22-Jul-13 20:45:41

You know I have just re read all these posts and I can safely say DH has not taken any of these ideas, still doesn't have a job and our marriage is seriously in trouble.

I am positive he is not trying EVERYTHING he can do to get a job, to get an income into our house. I say, "have you tried this, have you tried that", I come up with ideas, but he does nothing with the ideas I come up with. He will not get a routine together and stick to it. I believe he is probably depressed and have suggested its important to get regular exercise, but to no avail, I have suggested he see his doctor, still nothing.

I am at the end of my tether.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now