Consultation period

(2 Posts)
lizzywig Tue 26-Jun-12 12:04:51

I could be wrong but what does your contract say? If it says you have a 4 week notice period then I think they have to pay you 4 weeks notice. If you can't find out about this then go over to money saving expert forums, there are lots of people posting similar questions and some very knowledgable people.

burleyburley Mon 23-Apr-12 17:46:43

I was told I was being made redundant on the 3 April. I have only worked for the company for a year and I am the only person being made redundant. The citizens advice bureau said I would be entitled to a 30 day consultation period. However my work say this is not the case and will only allow 3 weeks. Apparently because they are making less than 20 people redundant the 30 days does not apply.

I know it's only a week but that weeks pay will make quite a difference! Does anyone know what I am entitled to?

The three weeks they have allowed me to take I already had booked off for my wedding and honeymoon, so not the best time for thinking about alternatives!

Thanks in advance

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now