Anyone else want to reach into their radio and slap Tom Archer?

(67 Posts)
OliviaPeacein2013Mumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 14-Jan-13 19:10:24

It can't just be me?!?

Butterycrumble Wed 23-Jan-13 07:29:05

Ha indeed grendelsmum. I do love Linda and the way the actress looks just right too!

TheOriginalSteamingNit Wed 23-Jan-13 07:36:29

I see Helin is being slowly reintroduced through an unconvincing friendship with Emmer. I think she's going to not be coping with motherhood so well after all, isn't she?

I do think Brenda is either pregnant or having a Big Think.

Songbird Wed 23-Jan-13 14:49:12

I don't think Brenda's pregnant. I think she's having a Big Think because baby Bethany has woken some maternal urges, and she's realising that she wouldn't want a family with Tom.

superfluouscurves Wed 23-Jan-13 20:25:19

I'm assuming Lilian is past the menopause (is she?) The thought crossed my mind that she might be pregnant today as she has been "off her food" for a little while. Or is that just guilt?

arf at Grendlsmumgrin

Ponders Wed 23-Jan-13 21:49:32

Tony turned 60 in the last year or so & Lilian is his big sister so I think we're safe (phew)

Ponders Wed 23-Jan-13 21:50:47
superfluouscurves Thu 24-Jan-13 22:06:42

oh well, that demolishes that theory rather conclusively grin

she is a bit of goer though isn't she? [Hope I have half her energy when I reach that age emoticon]

ArtexMonkey Thu 24-Jan-13 22:53:21

Tom had a 30 second period of not being unbearable over Christmas when he started asking James and leonie if they'd seen Misery and joking about leonie breaking James's ankle with a hammer.

I swear. It happened.

lalalonglegs Thu 24-Jan-13 23:12:25

James had a 30 second period of being not unbearable when he was stuck immobile in a room with Tom droning on about pigs in blankets - God, I felt for the poor man. Every time Tom opens his mouth I wonder how he has ever managed to have sex.

Whiteshoes Fri 25-Jan-13 22:27:57

Brenda does sound like she's bored to her back teeth. I still don't understand why she left a proper job that she was so enthusiastic about when applying, to make coffee and write letters for Matt and someone who hates her. How was that an improvement?

I do want to slap Tom, but I want to kill Will.

Panzee Wed 30-Jan-13 10:51:26

But the job was all the way in Leicester, and her and Tom were starving because they were both too busy to cook or buy milk (remind me what their families do again?)

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 30-Jan-13 11:38:22

arf at seizing up like our boiler
Yes, I don't know what's got into Brenda
Talk about needing to get your shit together love.

Only just discovered this brilliant thread! Tom is the most annoying character on radio, closely followed by Will.

Love Linda & her DH. Would love to strangle Pip!

Songbird Wed 06-Mar-13 11:42:38

This thread WILL be resurrected. After a brief period of being nothing worse than a sausage bore, he's back to being a sanctimonious little shit again isn't he? Anyone else want to cheer when Brenda told him to grow up and get over it?!?!

PrincessFiorimonde Wed 06-Mar-13 17:33:09

Haven't we all been here before in the Archers with Tom and Brenda and all this 'Is he really committed to being organic or just going to make Pat and Tony wring their hands' stuff?

See also the other thread re: Pip plays up - didn't she do the same when she took up with Jude a while back?

Or is it just me finding these storylines a bit Groundhog Day at the moment?

R4 Wed 06-Mar-13 21:45:47

I agree about Groundhog Day. It feels like the SW have run out of ideas.

Songbird Wed 13-Mar-13 15:29:44

Oh dear God, I'm listening to Monday's ep - can't believe the way he was talking to Pat and Tony! Don't like any of them but gaaaaah he's the worst! He really doesn't listen does he? He's right and that's it! Bloody ready meals?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now