New Archers storyline -Vicky?

(158 Posts)
katieskids Thu 21-Jun-12 19:49:11

Does anyone else think the SW have got something up their sleeve for Vicky? Twice now she's mentioned how tired she is and last night she didn't make the committee meeting as she fell asleep.

heronsfly Wed 16-Jan-13 18:47:45

I hope he sells elsewhere too, I'm sure Ruth mentioned looking for another buyer.

GrendelsMum Wed 16-Jan-13 17:50:14

Ooh yes Panzee! That would be brilliant. I so hope that Ed sells his milk elsewhere and leaves Mike milkless.

Panzee Wed 16-Jan-13 17:04:38

Oh no! Do we have to is ten to her in labour?

GreenShadow Wed 16-Jan-13 16:43:48

It's on it's way!

Panzee Mon 14-Jan-13 15:43:57

I hope Ed gets a really good job at the megadairy and drops Mike right in it. grin

ArtexMonkey Mon 14-Jan-13 13:22:03

They were bang out of order with Ed, mind you he was a dingaling for mentioning it at the current time, did he not think moike might be slightly preoccupied?

R4 Fri 11-Jan-13 20:44:33

Is anyone else getting a bit hmm at the scriptwriters. So far this week, we have had introductions of

A new arrival in Ambridge
The long wait is over
Matt steps into the breech breach.

Enough already. Just deliver the baby will you!

Panzee Wed 09-Jan-13 14:56:55

Vicky has always been that way. All about her.

Songbird Wed 09-Jan-13 14:47:01

I thought she and Moike were a bit harsh on poor old Ed, and for them to mention it to Susan and Neil angry

lljkk Wed 09-Jan-13 14:14:41

Are they painting Vicky up as a bit of a bitch (Ed's tiny plea for more money) so that we listeners harden up when she faces future travails?

heronsfly Tue 08-Jan-13 07:18:12

Im eagerly awaiting the birth too, I read the spoilers on the archers website and it said there was a new arrival, but it turned out to be the new cowman manager for the dairy.

Songbird Fri 04-Jan-13 10:33:59

Have just listened to last night's Archers. God I love Vicky - all that talk about associating the name Charmian with pickled onions, and Brenda's wtf voice grin

GrumpySod Wed 02-Jan-13 15:02:20

Is there a different management protocol for Down's Syndrome babies? Do they tend to be induced, for instance, because of higher stillbirth risk?

They don't seem to be preparing for additional needs at all, did the scan flag up a heart defect, for instance? No talk of breast or bottle (DS babies tend to be much harder to breastfeed). Just surprised V. hasn't talked about it; that's face it, she talks a lot usually.

Panzee Wed 02-Jan-13 14:47:14

The new year episodes were pretty dull. There are some very entitled younger members of the community.

choccyp1g Wed 02-Jan-13 14:38:20

But Vicky was probably late with her amnio, because she didn't even know she was pregnant till about 20 weeks.
I was SURE the baby would arrive on Christmas day or new year, thus giving yet another Xmas anniversary for TA.
(Jack and Peggy wedding, Will and Nick's ditto, Nigel's fall from grace, Debbie's birthday...any more ?)

Panzee Sun 30-Dec-12 21:32:36

Sorry for old bump.
But noticed today that Vicky's due date is said to be next week. I'm sure she was due the same time as me, because we had our amnios about the same time (I didn't listening those episodes!) but I'm not due till February....

ppeatfruit Fri 28-Sep-12 08:23:00

Olivia IKWYM about amex but they should try finishing off the plots properly like they should in TA (I know life isn't like that but I listen to TA for escapism.) grin

OliviaPeaceAndLoveMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 27-Sep-12 22:59:41

R4

If I want Hollyoaks then I'll watch - oh, I don't know - maybe Hollyoaks.hmm
Leave The Archers to be true to itself please. I don't want it monkeyed around with.

grin
I know what you mean and at least they aren't doing the ridiculous/annoying soliloquy thing over the top any more...
Whatever happened to Daniel's love life anyway??
I don't watch Hollyoaks btw
I just mean AmEx is a sort of guilty pleasure..

R4 Thu 27-Sep-12 22:55:45

If I want Hollyoaks then I'll watch - oh, I don't know - maybe Hollyoaks.hmm
Leave The Archers to be true to itself please. I don't want it monkeyed around with.

OliviaPeaceAndLoveMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 27-Sep-12 21:14:12

evenkeel

It's cop-out central at the Archers these days. Totally agree with the other thread about AmEx and the way they're alienating all us old faithfuls <rustic old gimmer emoticon>

Oh but AmEx is BRILLO
Like Hollyoaks or something!
There was a Dead Calm moment with the worst Kiwi accents evah with Jolene and Kenton.
am a bit behind on archers omni from Sunday - keep falling asleep when listening.

OliviaPeaceAndLoveMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 27-Sep-12 21:12:02

MavisG

Sorry!

Ever since my son discovered YouTube my phone's not been my own. Didn't realise he was an Archers fan.

grin

ppeatfruit Tue 25-Sep-12 10:43:27

I sniffed at the b\day present from Lizzie to David so finally she's come round. Hoooraaay grin

I reckon Vickkie will have her babeee who won't be tooo D.S. (a girl!!!!! so the pink teddy decor will be just right) and Mike is already coming round isn't he?

Is it me or is the actress who plays pheebs as bad as the one who plays Natalie?

heronsfly Mon 24-Sep-12 18:09:27

I think Vicky has told people her due date a couple of times, but i cant remember when it is,I reckon she is about 24 weeks now,its so long since ive calculated a Edd I cant work it out grin

Waswondering Mon 24-Sep-12 08:26:01

When is the baby due? I was trying to work that out ...

Northernlurkerisbackatwork Tue 18-Sep-12 19:49:08

I listened on Sunday - by which time Mike was painting the room - and realised I'd missed something. So listened to Friday's episode today. I thought it was good too. I was quite upset by this storyline at first but tbh I think it's playing out well. These storylines do help people. I saw a story jsut a couple of days ago about a teenager mother coping with a child with Downs. One of the things she said was that she had seen Eastenders with Billy and whatshernames baby (can't remember) so she knew a bit about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now