Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Double buggies - inline or side by side?

(15 Posts)

I am worried about getting through doors with a side by side buggy but the baby jogger rates so highly on here that maybe getting through doors isn't a problem?

K8eee Thu 13-Mar-14 14:48:16

I've got an icandy apple 2 pear; it's an inline but when I was doing my homework on pushchairs, most of the singles were 60 cm wide so if it's a width problem you have make sure you do your homework as I thought 60 cm was massive confused

cathpip Thu 13-Mar-14 14:52:16

I have a mountain buggy side by side, doors are not a problem. I also have the baby jogger summit x3 which is marvelous smile

SoonToBeSix Thu 13-Mar-14 17:39:54

I have the baby jogger mini city double it goes through doors no problem.

Ihateparties Thu 13-Mar-14 18:07:06

I know a lot of people don't but in my daily life I found loads of doors and spaces the city mini double wouldn't fit through. Including our own front door. If you don't have these kinds of space issues then side by sides are very much easier overall. I think 60cm is really wide too, was always on the hunt for something narrower so it just depends on your perspective, you may find that for you width isn't a big issue and you would prioritise other things over it or it might drive you insane. The city mini is a great double, an excellent all rounder.

Frusso Thu 13-Mar-14 18:08:13

I have a britax b-duel and have a problem with doors.

We have the citi mini gt single at the moment for toddler but barely use it, maybe I should just get a board he can stand on at tge back. Might have a look at how much wider the double is than tge single as I think the single is quite wide already!

MiaowTheCat Thu 13-Mar-14 18:53:24

I had an older style wide side by side Nipper 77cm (they've narrowed 'em down a LOT now) - I live in an area which has a lot of older-built shops with doorsteps and things so not new-build and covered by updated accessibility regulations.

The only door I had any issues with was the bloody children's centre one! Even that one was a double UPVC jobbie so they'd just open the other side for me. I only swapped back to a tandem (interestingly I had more bother with a b-dual and doors as well) when my eldest really took off in the walking department so I wasn't pushing an empty seated side by side around most of the time.

Tiggywunkle Thu 13-Mar-14 23:40:35

As long as the pushchair is under 76.5cms wide, you should have no issues apart from in little tiny old fashioned shops and in one alley way in York smile

Frusso Fri 14-Mar-14 09:06:36

Meow, the b-dual won't fit into the parent and child toilet cubical in my local department store. blush the problem is the wheel guards.

Ihateparties Fri 14-Mar-14 11:35:49

More than one alleyway in York tiggy definitely more than one....

Linguaphile Sun 16-Mar-14 23:07:03

We've got a donkey and love it--very, very rarely do I come across a space I can't get to. We went for side by side as I preferred to be able to look at both twins whilst walking. It's also a lot easier to get both out quickly, whereas it's a bit of a faff with the icandy peach blossom to get out the bottom child. Also, I just feel badly about putting one twin on the bottom.

I've heard good things about the peach blossom and also BJCS, but for us it's side by side any day. Particularly narrow ones are the mountain buggy and the new nipper, I believe, though the donkey is stellar in that it's got the footprint of a wheelchair and thus can go anywhere a wheelchair can go.

Shenanagins Sun 16-Mar-14 23:15:58

I love my baby jogger, its so easy to manoeuvre even one- handed and it gets through most gaps quite easily.

spideysenses Wed 19-Mar-14 20:37:04

I bought the jane twone for the same reason, it's light and narrow, almost like pushing a single, I tried a b-dual but found it to be heavy and so long I couldn't see the front to steer ( very short) HTH

NK5d533f41X121f45defa3 Sat 22-Mar-14 11:18:17

I have the Joovy Caboose Ultralight which is a tandem pushchair. It is narrow and very easy to manoeuvre.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now