Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Phil and Teds explorer

(5 Posts)
Xmasbaby11 Mon 10-Mar-14 12:33:47

We got this double buggy from my cousin and it must be a few years' old now, so I can't find instructions online. I've been using it for a week now with DD1 (2) and DD2 (6 weeks) but cannot figure out how to fold it down! I did it once by fluke and now I can't do it. The monster is stuck in our hallway.

Can anyone explain how to fold it down? I have been googling like crazy but can't find anything for older models.

littleducks Mon 10-Mar-14 12:40:05

I think ours was an explorer but cant recall.
Remove the back seat.
Stand in front if pushchair facing it.
Push in and rotate small black toggles on either side simultaneously.
You should feel it loosen.
Lift up and it should fold in half.

MiaowTheCat Mon 10-Mar-14 14:40:42

Is it an Explorer or an E3?

E3 -is the black toggles on either side - there's like one you pull out and one you have to pull and twist - kind of on the edge of the seat bit before that footwell triangle part.

Explorer - pain in the arse - if you look at the cross bit at the base of the seat in front of the footwell triangle bit, under the fabric there's a handle with some orange slidey bits - you have to slide one, while turning it and it should come into half then. I know there's a vid of that on the P+T site - it's someone flinging the buggy around like it weighs nowt which always amuses me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0g96_EVcUI about 3 mins in if it's the explorer - if it IS the E3 then post back and if needs be I'll photograph where you need to prod about on mine (I've owned both - have an E3 at the moment since I just prefer it to the explorer)

Xmasbaby11 Thu 13-Mar-14 11:11:55

Thank you so much! I have managed to get it down. I had been wiggling the toggles but only one at a time. Hopefully I've got it sussed now!

It must be an E3 from what you say Miaow. Good to know!

littleducks Thu 13-Mar-14 12:04:06

If it is an e3 you might find this useful on YouTube...they have videos for other models too.

But generally p&t toggles are rotate the push simultaneously

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ynNlVpf9W8

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now