Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

growing out of Oyster pushchair at 14 months?

(9 Posts)
principalitygirl Thu 07-Nov-13 10:01:59

Hi my LO is 14 months. He's above average height and weight but not huge by any means. He seems to be reaching the top of the seat of his Oyster pushchair already and the straps are also seeming too short? They're as long as they can go and won't fasten over his padded winter jacket? The strap that goes between the legs and has the buckle attached to is also only just long enough on the loosest setting and when he slouches at all - he does due to the seat design I find - it becomes quite tight around his nether regions.
I expected the pushchair would last longer than this! Anyone had similar issues? Am I overlooking an obvious way extend the straps more, besides the sliding buckle and adjusting where they fit through the seat back? Thx!

Rockchick1984 Thu 07-Nov-13 10:32:03

Have you taken the liner out? My big 2.7 year old still fits in, so you shouldn't have a problem with a slightly larger than average 14 month old!

principalitygirl Tue 12-Nov-13 12:23:48

You mean the coloured liner? I'll try taking it out. Is it comfy enough without it though? I was getting ready to add a footmuff and liner with the weather getting colder though and that's going to take more strap space....

Dylan123 Thu 14-Nov-13 07:18:33

I have the same problem.My baby is 13 months and way above normal height.When people see him they think he is at least 2.Yikes.I feel like he is also too big for the oyster as much as I love it.Just come on here to see what people recommend as a stroller for him.x

principalitygirl Thu 14-Nov-13 20:23:45

I've taken out the coloured liner and it has helped, even though I then added in a footmuff. Thanks for the suggestion. I do think the oyster seat seems smaller than those of similar pushchairs though. A friend has a quinny buzz, another has a maxi cosi mura and another has an uppababy vista and all the seats are bigger than the oyster's. Shame as it's a fab pushchair in many other ways.

principalitygirl Thu 14-Nov-13 20:27:08

dylan123 - I was looking for an umbrella fold stroller for holidays for my son. I got a red kite push me quattro in the end - exchanged Tesco clubcard vouchers so got it for free - sort of! It's basic but good and is suitable from birth as it lies flat unlike lots of umbrella fold strollers. I also looked at the Joie Brisk in mothercare (Argos sell it too). It wasn't much more expensive and seemed great quality and a bit plusher than the average stroller.

babyfedleaning Thu 14-Nov-13 20:31:44

Heightwise, I hadn't realised you can undo the poppers at the back of the hood and slide it all upwards towards the handle, which might help a bit?

principalitygirl Thu 14-Nov-13 20:40:57

Oh thanks babyfed. I'll try that too.

principalitygirl Tue 19-Nov-13 17:56:09

babyfed - I've tried to adjust the hood as you suggest. I can undo the poppers but there's nowhere to reattach them higher up?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now