Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Can anyone find me a bargain pushchair for less than £75?

(10 Posts)
frazzled74 Mon 28-Oct-13 14:57:09

I would like umbrella fold for storage! Needs to be pretty robust! Would like a maclaren but they are so expensive !

bundaberg Mon 28-Oct-13 15:00:10

ebay?
gumtree?

alyernatively this?

or this?

jumperooo Mon 28-Oct-13 15:08:59

The Zeta Vooom is good value,they generally get good feedback mumsnet

on http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B004YIDZRO/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?qid=1382972776&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

jumperooo Mon 28-Oct-13 15:09:28
Thurlow Mon 28-Oct-13 15:21:16

My folks have the M&P Kato at theirs. I have a Maclaren Techno but I'm debating swapping because I really like the Kato! It's lighter and comes in nicer colours. Great bargain at the moment, £145 down to £69.

frazzled74 Mon 28-Oct-13 22:44:34

Thanks for replies, I can't make my mind up now whether to go for a stroller or get something more substantial? Dd is 12 months , I want something lightweight but strong and durable ?!

killpeppa Mon 28-Oct-13 22:47:00

smyths dimples ones are great- i have one and its deffo sturdy!
Also comes with 1 years warranty

frazzled74 Mon 28-Oct-13 23:57:37

Thanks , hadn't thought of smyths , there are some heat reviews on them !

MiaowTheCat Tue 29-Oct-13 12:10:55

I have the double of the Kato and I wouldn't recommend it. It's "ok" - but the seats aren't rigid in any way so they lie very "hammocky" on the recline toggle and the fabric bunches up in front of them and flaps around so my 7 month old chews on it. It's nicer looking than our other umbrella stroller - and it does the job well enough but I wouldn't want to be using it for extended periods of time (it lives in our car boot for popping around shops quickly). It's also a fucker this time of the year as the leaves get caught up in the wheels but I think all of them suffer from that.

If I was buying now I'd get a second hand maclaren probably.

imofftolisdoonvarna Sun 03-Nov-13 12:54:50

Zeta vooom. They are awesome and so cheap! We use it more than we ever did our bugaboo and although I have never owned a McLaren I can't see how it would be better for an umbrella fold.

The only thing was that the carry handle broke, but I never really used it that much anyway. But apart from that it has taken a real battering from us and still going strong well over a year later. Plus lots of colours as well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now