Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Quick question for Baby Jogger owners - folding studs

(16 Posts)
Tiggywunkle Fri 26-Apr-13 21:59:59

LOL! Keep using them! They are a safety precaution. I confess I have never put mine on. However I have heard of one child pulling the seat handle and getting caught, so they are there for a good reason.

notjustamummythankyou Fri 26-Apr-13 21:10:42

Oh. I feel all pfb now - I do / undo them every time I use mine. Shall cease forthwith. blush

Oh is that what they're for?!

TwitchyTail Fri 26-Apr-13 20:57:59

grin

HappySunflower Fri 26-Apr-13 20:46:13

Aha, I've found them! grin been using the buggy for over a year without knowing of their existence!

OrlaKiely Fri 26-Apr-13 16:43:22

well I've got a versa as well and they were recalled last autumn for something to do with folding while in use - so I use the tabs on that just in case. Though this is a post-recall model so hopefully....hmm

TwitchyTail Fri 26-Apr-13 13:08:38

HappySunflower - they're little red cloth tabs with press studs on either side of the BJCM that pin the fabric onto the frame. The instructions make a big deal of saying they should be attached when the pushchair is unfolded, presumably as a back-up if the pushchair somehow folds with a child in it (though how it would is beyond me). I have a BJCM 3 2012, maybe some other versions don't have it?

Though the fact that you were completely unaware of their existence is quite reassuring of their not being safety critical grin

HappySunflower Fri 26-Apr-13 11:50:43

Erm..... what press studs? hmm
Where would I find them? blush

TwitchyTail Fri 26-Apr-13 11:46:32

Oh yay! The sublime ease of the one handed fold is unsullied, and I can have an extra few seconds in bed each morning grin

Thanks everyone.

sweetiepie1979 Fri 26-Apr-13 11:35:47

I don't think I've ever done mine up!

LemonBreeland Fri 26-Apr-13 11:35:04

Never used them. Defeats the purpose of the easy fold

FlamingGallah Fri 26-Apr-13 11:30:45

I never do mine up [bad mother emoticon]

OrlaKiely Fri 26-Apr-13 10:48:34

or is it just to comply witn the safety thing of having a two stage fold?

OrlaKiely Fri 26-Apr-13 10:47:43

Not lazy. considering its biggest selling point is the 'one handed fold while holding a baby' I was pissed off to discover these too.

I forget sometimes but try and do it if I remember as I'm not sure how it works and what would happen if I didn't iyswim

Rockchick1984 Fri 26-Apr-13 10:41:02

I don't bother because I'm lazy if I'm just using it around the shops or somewhere flat, but if I'm going over any uneven surfaces I do.

TwitchyTail Fri 26-Apr-13 09:22:04

Not sure if this just applies to the City Mini, but you know those press studs on red tabs that you're supposed to clip on whenever you unfold it, and clip off to unfold? Well - do you actually bother with this every time? Is it essential for safety?

I am aware of how lazy I sound.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now