Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Still looking at tandems: any experience w Britax B-dual for toddler & newborn?

(9 Posts)
MiaowTheCat Thu 28-Feb-13 09:54:28

I'd heard it was the colour changeover thing... for what it's worth I looked at the blue, took one look and me and hubby both commented "that'll show the dirt dead fast" and we both decided firmly on the red.

Tiggywunkle Thu 28-Feb-13 00:32:05

No, it means its change over time of year smile This is the time of year where manufacturers start to swap to the new year models / colours. Old colours get sold off and the new ones creep in. They get shown at Harrogate in a few weeks time, but Britax usually have their new colours in slightly earlier. This is the time of year to bag a bargain!!

dizzy77 Tue 26-Feb-13 21:48:10

Found it, thanks. Noted there don't seem to be many around. Does this means they've been discontinued sad ?

Ihateparties Tue 26-Feb-13 20:56:04

Defo look on boots, it's 225 for the single and 50 for the second seat plus lots of points and I'm sure there is a code at the moment too but I don't know it off the top of my head...

I know the britax seat fits on the oyster max in the upper position and I think in the lower position with the height adjustors maybe. Not sure what else. At this price the b dual is a very good option, sounds like it could work well for you considering the things you plan to use it for.

dizzy77 Tue 26-Feb-13 19:41:02

Posted too soon: miaow the fact it can handle snow and ice is a benefit, we're really hilly here too and would hate to be trapped in with two of then.

dizzy77 Tue 26-Feb-13 19:39:32

Thanks ihateparties will look at boots: the KC one included the second seat but I agree it doesn't sound such a good deal now blush. It was the slumpiness of the seat that annoyed me about the b-mobile, DS just never seemed comfortable in it even after I'd waited for him to get big enough to use it, though it also didn't recline which was a pain. It also handled like a dog but I accept a certain amount of core work is probably inevitable with a tandem.

I've been looking for a while. I'd been mostly looking 2nd hand and considering p&ts (think you've replied to me before ) but I think I'll mostly be using it in the 1st year and despite them having a cachet round here people don't seem entirely happy once tinies outgrow the next thing . I like that you can fold with both seats in place (and it then fits in our boot), it seems to have the second seat higher off the floor and the big solid wheels for park use - I'm unlikely to do real "off road" but mostly urban/path walks to get somewhere with a tiny where DS can run off steam. The fact it's compatible with our existing car seats etc for swift transfers is a big selling point:I don't know what else britax will fit on as maxi-cosi seem to be the most widely adapted for.

Miaow that's helpful thank you, we noted the mudguards and thought taking them off was probably a semi-permanent move grin

MiaowTheCat Tue 26-Feb-13 17:16:09

I think Boots did have a better deal on it than kiddicare recently but it may have finished by now (but possibly worth a looksie).

I've got one - but with a smaller age gap (will be 1yr max if this one doesn't go pre-term) and currently still being used in single mode since it's heavier duty than my single buggy and I can't use crutches for SPD and push a pushchair at the same time... I like it - fold's big (but doesn't need seats taking off - although you can only fold in forward facing), and it's on the wider side cos of the big wheels and oversized wheel guards (which are currently on our kitchen bench if I'm honest) - but still copes with quite a narrow side access to our house (the reason we can't have a side by side)... but pushed bloody brilliantly in the snow recently where other buggies were becoming more snow ploughs! I do love the fact you can unzip and extend the hood down - that's really good for getting one nosey little girl to go to sleep without feeling like total blackout measures! Pushes nicely around here which has some ridiculously steep hills and some pavements that are very steeply sloped sideways (as a consequence of the ridiculous hills).

Ihateparties Tue 26-Feb-13 17:11:47

Apart from boots have them for 275 plus points and probably a discount code too?? So please don't spend nearly twice that unless you're really keen on a particular colour and must have it.

Otherwise pretty good, adaptable yes, the seats can be a bit slumpy but not a major issue, it's wide so if you have narrow spaces it can be awkward.

Are you looking at other tandems too or need more options to look at?

dizzy77 Tue 26-Feb-13 14:40:14

The latest b-dual seems to be getting good write ups and appears v flexible, especially as few other seat options recline flat properly for babies under 6 months or nappers once they've outgrown carrycots.

We have about £300 worth of britax car seat (replaced under guarantee just as DS grew out of it so almost new), docking stations and accessories as we had a B-mobile initially with DS, 2 years ago, so at £400 new in kiddicare with the second seat it seems quite a good deal.

BUT I really wasn't happy with the B-mobile. Once it outlived its usefulness as some wheels for the car seat I replaced it with a secondhand bugaboo bee before going stroller with a McLaren techno xt. I'm not in the market to spend £1200 on the bb Donkey and P&T don't seem great for tinies.

Any views?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now