Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Britax b dual

(40 Posts)
Katsand Mon 31-Dec-12 04:07:48

I'm trying to make my mind up what double tandem to go for. Really like the idea of the b dual but have read that the seat is to shallow. Anyone using one with older (3 years) children. I got 16 month daughter and 3 month son and would like my choice to last me.

squeezeemout Thu 03-Jan-13 21:07:04

I've been using a b-dual with my new born on top in a B-Smart carrycot and my 15 month old underneath & it's such a tight squeeze, even with the extension clips she hates it & I hate it too.
I've also had the littlest underneath & biggest up top rear facing but struggle to get LO in place in the cosy toes with her snowsuit on, although once in she does look really cosy.
Sorry I know that wasn't very helpful, but thought I'd let you know, but if you do go with a B-Dual you could buy mine!

Although yes we may find ds3 gets annoyed with it, I bought it for the BSmart and wanted to get a little more use out of it but we might have to rethink it!

No I'm planning to use the carry cot on the top, although even with the adaptors on it's a bit close to ds3s face when he's sat underneath. We have been thinking about buying a soft carrycot for the bottom instead but I'd prefer the baby to be on top.

Tiggywunkle Thu 03-Jan-13 20:46:27

Moomins - I have just twigged that you plan to use the carrycot with the lower seat? Have you tried it because it really doesn't work very well. I usually advise people to use a soft cot in the lower seat for the baby, and then put the toddler on top. It is possible to have the carrycot on top but the toddlers I have known have got frustrated at the lack of room and both parents ended up ditching the carrycot. You may want to have a look at it.

Ihateparties Thu 03-Jan-13 18:56:39

I know someone using the b dual with a just 3yo in the lower seat, it's working fine for them but i suppose it wouldn't with all children.

I think that's a good plan, the oyster does look very nice!

Looking at it I'm not sure how happy an older child would be in the back seat with the slope but im only planning on having the toddler in it untill 2.5 then the baby will go in the back.

I've not noticed a problem with the shallowness of the front seat, it doesn't look any different to my Bsmart, which my mum uses occasionally to take my dn out in and she's 3

Katsand Thu 03-Jan-13 16:24:46

Thank you all for your advice. My plan is to wait for oyster and take my partner and show him. Then go from there. But I'll still consider the b dual if he doesn't go with the oyster :-)

Tiggywunkle Thu 03-Jan-13 16:12:59

The B-Dual is a good choice. For a long time it was probably the only mid price range double pushchair that I could really recommend. But the seating positions really arent good. The advantage the B-Ready seems to have is that there is a footrest which I think would really help with the UK pushchair. But I have had several Britax pushchairs and the seating position on all isn't right and I would be hestitant about importing one just to find out...

But there is a lot of positive with the B-Dual eg it folds as one piece, I like the choice of options for where the children go, the huge basket, the push etc. The width never bothered me - it went through the doors we needed to although it did scrape on one! The quality seems good which really is what is missing on the Duellette and Dimples Duo. However I love what these two do especially the two children facing each other option.

I would hang out for the Oyster Max....at least find out what the latest expected date of arrival is (and then let us know!)

Katsand Thu 03-Jan-13 02:16:27

Do another quick question... If the width wasn't an issue would you say the b dual is a good choice or are there other downsides. My fear is that the seats are to shallow and children won't be comfortable that's the reason I also looked at b ready. If I can't get the oyster ... Would you recommend the b dual or the b ready???

Katsand Thu 03-Jan-13 02:09:52

And how was the size ( on the smyths one) ???
I saw the duellette and the lady who owned it was really happy with it then I looked and saw review saying it won't fit older child as too small.

Ihateparties Wed 02-Jan-13 21:49:05

The longevity was the thing we wondered about, I had the duo but not for very long, 6 weeks maybe. The fabrics and seats etc. were fine, the frame okay, the wheels very cheap looking. It worked well though. The other one I have not seen. All in all really not sure on quality over time hmm

Katsand Wed 02-Jan-13 21:40:22

No point in looking at importing as I then as well can spend extra money and get a oyster. The be ready I was looking at was from America and the 2011 model and it would come to £300 including postage. So that was a different story ...

Katsand Wed 02-Jan-13 21:38:13

The strider looks good and more compact but I guess there's no point in p

Katsand Wed 02-Jan-13 21:36:23

So why does britax have the b dual here and the b ready/ strider in other places???

Katsand Wed 02-Jan-13 21:35:19

Yes sorry the smyths one :-).

Ihateparties Wed 02-Jan-13 21:32:24

What's cheap, are we talking about the Smyths ones now?!

Katsand Wed 02-Jan-13 21:27:16

They are very cheap. I like cheap but they look almost a bit too cheap lol. Are they trust worthy??? I mean do they last lol

Ihateparties Wed 02-Jan-13 21:26:11

here it was australia. Probably expensive to bring over :-(

Ihateparties Wed 02-Jan-13 21:23:33

I remember reading about a compact version of the b ready somewhere... no idea if it's out or could be imported. Or from where for that matter.

Katsand Wed 02-Jan-13 21:20:14

Well I am working on slowly convincing my partner to go for the oyster max :-). I have showed him the b dual, the b ready and the oyster max and my selling point to him is that if we get the oyster we can get rid of my large mamas & papas sport 03 ( which I do like) and the maclaren triumph as the oyster folds smaller so we can travel with it too. I think with some time I can convince him :-). I do like the b dual/ b ready too though so they are still options if I can't convince him. I will check the other once mentioned now :-)

They are lovely pushchairs, we did look at buying a used one but there were none around at the time

Ihateparties Wed 02-Jan-13 19:46:23

I've just put some Twone pics on my profile for anyone who might want to see them. I'm supposed to be selling it but now I'm looking through all the pictures again it's reminding me why I've liked it so much!

Ihateparties Wed 02-Jan-13 18:46:07

Yes the twone is 6m plus, the lower seat reclines but nowhere near flat, mine arrived when dc3 was 4 or 5 months ish and she was fine. When she was little i also used to parent face the upper seat with the footrest right up and put her in there with dc2 in the lower seat. I do this all the time with my illegal 2nd main seat unit too because there is more space to. I wish they had made the lower seat a little better in the first place, it doesn't need to be so low or so close :- l

Ihateparties Wed 02-Jan-13 18:40:10

Tbh i have used the twone mostly in adapted format, which gives lots more space between the seats. When i did use it with the original lower seat it was basically always set one notch back to give a little more headspace. Also dc3 was tiddly at that point so short in the seat and her head was nowhere near the upper seat in any position.
I would have kept the b dual if they had set the wheels in 2cm at either side, liked most things about it and it pushes nicely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now