Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Baby Jogger City Mini carrycot

(14 Posts)
Tiggywunkle Sun 23-Dec-12 16:31:06

No, not at all - its poppers and I think velcro. The hardest bit is undoing the fold strap but even thats not hard.

SilverSixpence Sun 23-Dec-12 15:25:01

Is it hard to put the fabric back on after undoing it for the carrycot?

Tiggywunkle Sat 22-Dec-12 20:55:53

I would stick with the Baby Jogger TBH

MrsGubbins Sat 22-Dec-12 16:19:23

thanks for the info tiggy, I'll look at the britax but I'm limited as to what I can get shipped over to Dubai (as there only seems to be the donkey to buy here at about £2k!)

Tiggywunkle Sat 22-Dec-12 15:12:54

No, it can't be done with just one carrycot as the fabric is conjoined ie two seats in one. But it can be done with baby twins as you can remove the fabric leaving room for two carrycots. You can remove just one half of the fabric on the Britax B-Agile double thus having a carrycot with no fabric for siblings.

MrsGubbins Sat 22-Dec-12 13:22:48

does anyone know if the same can be done with the carrycot on a double bjcm? DC2 is due soon and I'm thinking to get the double GT for new baby and 2yr old DD, I really want a carrycot this time round!

TwitchyTail Sat 22-Dec-12 11:55:08

Thanks Tiggywunkle. I think I'm going to go with the compact. I'm stalking for second-hand ones but if a suitable one doesn't turn up soon I'll just buy the John Lewis one full price.

Tiggywunkle Fri 21-Dec-12 08:59:20

Theres also a Compact plus carrycot that's ever so slightly bigger than the compact. The compact carrycots sit lower and seem easier to attach ie no big adaptor required unlike the hard bassinet. The BJCM looks fab with the fabric removed and carrycot on as a pram. It does attach into where the bumper bar goes, the holes below the hood. Just reattach the fold handle on the other side of the fabric.

TwitchyTail Fri 21-Dec-12 07:37:17

Thanks again, that's very helpful. I haven't seen the compact one in person but I've measured out the dimensions and like you say, it is small. But the deluxe one might be a problem as most suppliers don't stock it now, and I'm barely 5'3 so don't like the idea of it coming up too high (not to mention the cost)...

I'm totally open to a second-hand one - I've never ebay-ed before but have bought things on Preloved, where there are a few for sale, but most are only about £15-20 cheaper than buying it new and are in inconvenient-to-pick-up places. But if anyone wants to sell theirs I'd be up for that!

Ihateparties Fri 21-Dec-12 00:04:28

The smaller one definitely can be mounted on the bare chassis too. Have you seen the compact one? It's not enormous, with my first baby I would have complained that he outgrew it early,with later ones I would simply have put them in there until they sat up really! The concept of having outgrown such things changed for me over time, DC1 was statistically large, always in that blue shaded bit on the top of the centile charts and he still fitted in the carrycot at 6 months. He would have been squashed in one the width of the compact one. TBH I think it's the width that might swing it for me as oppose to length, I don't mind them touching the sides as long as they don't mind but the compact one does look pretty narrow irl. Crucially though I haven't seen one with a baby in so it's hard to tell. I'm waffling. The deluxe is also lovely, I dislike the look of it on the BJCM3 chassis, it sits very high, makes it look tippy. No idea if it is and prob good for taller people, less bending etc.

I don't think you'll go far wrong either way. Would you go for a used carrycot? As they see so much less use than the rest of the buggy they're often immaculate.

SailorVie Thu 20-Dec-12 23:31:22

Try getting the larger deluxe hard body carrycot, it will last you a lot longer than the compact one and it can definitely be mounted on the bare chassis.

TwitchyTail Thu 20-Dec-12 23:30:51

Thanks very much Ihateparties! That's really good to know. I know it's illogical, but all these hormones are giving me weird urges to push around something that looks like a Proper Pram grin

Could I ask how long your babies stayed in the carrycot for?

Ihateparties Thu 20-Dec-12 23:26:28

Yes, you can definitely take the seat covers off. I haven't clicked on the link yet...compact carrycot, okay yep. I forget precisely how the carrycots are mounted but I think it's maybe the same bit where you can put a bumper bar etc. They used to call it the "universal accessory mounting bracket" or something like that.

I have wavered back and forth over time whether a carrycot is worth it, now my last baby is almost not a baby anymore I'm saying a resounding yes. They're comfy and they're not babies for long so I say get one. Of course lots of people will say don't get one, they're not babies for long. grin

TwitchyTail Thu 20-Dec-12 22:15:34

So I've bought a BJCM and as baby is still in utero, have been merrily wheeling the cat around the dining room in it grin

Now I'm thinking of getting the carrycot for it (the BJCM, not the cat). I've found this at John Lewis: www.johnlewis.com/231347990/Product.aspx Does anyone know if it can be clipped straight onto the chassis, without the seat cover? I know it's silly but I just don't like the look of the carrycot wedged on the seat, which is the way it's shown on the Baby Jogger website. I've emailed Baby Jogger but am an impatient soul and want to know now dammit.

Also, any thoughts on whether a carrycot is worth it are also welcome!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now