how much do removals companies cost?

(38 Posts)
PDR Tue 02-Mar-10 08:59:22

We are moving from a large 3 bed to a ok sized 4 bed aprox 15 miles away.

We have an average amount of furniture but not much clutter.

I am thinking we will go with the packing service as I have a DS of 21 months and it will be weeks of hell for me to do it myself.

We are in rural Devon if that makes a difference.

What should I expect?

kanecarter Thu 11-Apr-13 08:38:56

As above mentioned about reallymoving obtain instant quotes from different local companies.
I have also experience about www.removalshub.co.uk , They obtain 6 removals quotes in less than a minute. We are moving a 3 bed house 190 miles and it's going to cost £1,200+VAT including the packing.

A quick question about getting removals quotes through the websites mentioned above - our house isn't even on the market yet, but we want to get an idea of moving costs so we can put together a budget and work out how much we can spend on our new house. We don't really want to be hassled by the removals firms, so can you just get a no-obligation quote? (I don't really want to give my phone number/email to any firms just yet).

twopints Tue 07-May-13 11:02:02

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

jennychatwin1954 Tue 03-Sep-13 12:05:07

I live in East Lothian, Scotland and will be moving from a four bed to five bed in the next two months or so. The distance we're moving is 20 miles. Any recommendations for a removal firm? Any idea of costs?

Thanks

Jen

xXSharonXx Sun 17-Nov-13 11:50:46

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

aarenace Fri 27-Dec-13 10:02:10

I think you don’t need a visit from any company for removal quotes. Pack your stuff by yourself and get quotes from the quote form of any company online by putting the info, like location, distance, bed room’s etc.
Try it; www.theremoval.com/newprocess0.php

cafesociety Fri 27-Dec-13 15:12:30

For my last move [and other moves before] I use a reputable, insured 'Man with a Van'! Do my own packing, leaving just bedding/kettle/tea/milk/TV/laptop to go in my car the morning of the move....a takeaway the night before.

3 bed bungalow to 3 bed bungalow [no wardrobes, no cooker] locally in 2011...2 journeys....£75!

He was careful with furniture, covering it all up, packing it all well. No damages and friendly cooperative service. Job done.

PRL67 Sat 01-Feb-14 11:53:59

Hi JuJubean what company did you use for your removal as we are in Hampshire. Thanks.

Haty786 Thu 06-Feb-14 07:40:07

Jane090469 Sun 16-Mar-14 09:43:12

specialsubject Sun 16-Mar-14 10:12:38

wow, this is bringing out the spammers..

NEVER use anyone with just a mobile number.

Dankay78 Sun 27-Apr-14 19:41:29

The fastest way to find out the costs of removal companies in the UK is to go to houseconveyancing.org/removal-company-quotes/ You will then get 6 removals quotes from moving firms in your local area.

Aliya845 Tue 27-May-14 19:55:09

Hi Everyone, i would like to share my personal experience with removal firms.The day one we find out our moving date i go on removal price comparison site www.getabestmover.co.uk and submit all our details for moving same day few removal firms called me ask me a convenient time to visit property finally i had we prices from £300 to £1500 decided to choose a cheap company Called Smart MOVE they turn with very small van to move my 3bed house were very rude and broke our dinning table and other small damages and also left the job in middle and decided to move off i called the police but that didn't help because of terms and condition so i would say everyone don't go for cheap removal company.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now