Tipping Removal Men?

(29 Posts)
HootShoot Wed 10-Jul-13 17:35:05

Should we and if so how much?

We're paying just shy of a grand to do a fragile pack and move. The guys are great and have done half the house so far and will be finishing and moving us into our new place tomorrow. We have provided soft drinks, biscuits and bacon and sausage sarnie for the morning. Do most people tip too.

PerilsAsinger Thu 11-Jul-13 11:31:29

Mmm I've never tipped removal men - I just don't understand why you would when they are paid by their employer (who was paid by me).

Crutchlow35 Thu 11-Jul-13 17:27:38

I gave ours a case of bud each. They were delighted.

VivaLeBeaver Thu 11-Jul-13 17:44:55

Ours we fab. We moved ten years ago in a heat wave in August. It was over 30degrees. I think they'd underestimated how much stuff we had as the quote was less than half of others.

I kept them supplied in cold drinks and dh gave them both £20. Though one of them was the owner of the firm so was probably more well off than us. grin

thegraduand Fri 12-Jul-13 18:27:03

Ours were ace, tipped them a tennner each and bought lots of cold drinks when we arrived at the new house as it was hot and there were lots of stairs. Glad we tipped as ended up having a big row with the company about the final bill, but at least the lads on day got extra money

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now