The decluttering, cleaning, vacating, pandering, nailbiting antics of the stressed out house sellers goes on and on....

(427 Posts)
TerrysNo2 Mon 24-Jun-13 21:22:39

New thread!

Come share and despair smile

underthemountain Mon 07-Oct-13 15:38:45

Well done fcek, what a relief! Supposedly someone is going to ring me about a viewing. All the houses we were interested in have now been sold though!

FCEK Mon 07-Oct-13 11:10:38

Well they've upped to 105 and I think DH is going to accept this. We don't think we would get more in this climate which is disappointing as it restricts what we can afford to move into. We will be going on holiday at the weekend for a fortnight so need to relax then start looking for somewhere. smile

FCEK Sat 05-Oct-13 13:34:29

We may have to move into parents whilst we save a bit more to get the type of house we need. Its not ideal.

icklekid Sat 05-Oct-13 06:28:23

Congratulations who enjoy the bubbly! Post good luck-your right to wait until exchange just hope there is somewhere in rental for you then smile

Fcek all you can do now is wait and see if they will come back and raise their offer- it all depends on the impact £2k will have, I would have liked £2k more and think on reflection I could have held out and got £1k more but in the scheme of things it wasn't enough to stop us buying where we wanted, we got it for a price I was happy with even though it went to best and final offers...so will just let go now and enjoy the new house!

WhoNickedMyName Fri 04-Oct-13 21:01:06

Our exchange went ahead this afternoon - I could literally feel the stress melting away once I knew it had been done.

We are moving into our rental this weekend and Completing next Friday. Then doing it all again, but as buyers, in January.

Having a bottle glass of bubbly to celebrate grin

PostBellumBugsy Fri 04-Oct-13 20:54:10

Thanks ickie and whonicked. I'm pressing hard for exchange, I really am. There is ONE suitable rental which I'm going to see tomorrow. Thing is until I exchange, I'm not in a position to sign up for it.
Ugh, I hate moving house.

FCEK Fri 04-Oct-13 16:45:49

Apparently 103 is the highest they can go and 105 is the lowest we said we would go.

icklekid Fri 04-Oct-13 16:31:49

Would you accept 105 might be worth deciding what the lowest you would except is and let them know- that's what we did and what we got. If its not enough for your next house not worth accepting less although if you can make a cheeky offer and its accepted then you will be fine.

Post you need to keep pushing for an exchange so you can find a house. Completion can happen very close to exchange so still possible to do both and doesn't take long to find rented. Just keep on speaking to estate agent and solicitor...

handcream Fri 04-Oct-13 16:30:04

Could I give you a piece of advice if I may. I hope this doesnt sound too harsh. Your house price is what someone will pay for it. The fact that you might need more because of the house you are hoping to buy has nothing to do with your buyer.

You also cannot presume that just because you didnt get what you wanted for your house your next house will have to take the hit as well. It doesnt work like that. The next house might go to best and final offer, it might be one that a few people are after.

FCEK Fri 04-Oct-13 16:20:55

well they've come back with another offer.

Our house is asking price 110. We paid 107 for it 9 years ago.

They originally offered 95. we refused. they've upped it to 103.

I want to refuse again, so does DH but my parents are saying we should go for it.

103 won't give us a suitable deposit for the kind of house we need to move to. My DF says the sellers of the house we might move to would take a bigger hit so it would 'work out' that way.

confused sad

WhoNickedMyName Fri 04-Oct-13 13:58:01

Post we were/are in a similar situation in that our new home isn't built until Jan 14 so we are moving into rented.

We exchange this afternoon (fingers crossed), although we took a chance and signed up for our rental home on Wednesday.

It only took us a few days to find somewhere to rent and get signed up for that. Could you ask your solicitors to exchange now, if both sides are ready, and start looking asap? It's doable - or it was for us! Are there any other options - temporarily living with family and putting furniture into storage?

If you're prepared to lose the sale then fair enough but there's no guarantee that you'll have a buyer when you've found somewhere else to buy yourself, or you could end up in the same situation again where you have a buyer but nowhere you want to buy.

I personally wouldn't lose the sale. But it depends how desperate you are to move.

PostBellumBugsy Fri 04-Oct-13 11:20:46

I've come to this thread very late in the day, but I could do with some advice. I feel like I am in a desperate situation.

My house went under offer back in August. I said that if I couldn't find somewhere to live, I would be prepared to move into rented. I thought I found somewhere, but it fell through. I am still happy to move into rental, but we haven't exchanged yet, despite an intended completion date of 25th October (only 3 weeks away). I have asked that the completion date be extended, as we haven't exchanged because me & the DCs are effectively looking at homeless, because I can't sign a rental agreement until we exchange. However, my buyer is pushing really hard to stick with 25th October.

I'm tempted to say stuff it, if you won't extend the completion date, I am not prepared to be homeless, so the sale will fall through.

Any thoughts?

rubyrubyruby Fri 04-Oct-13 08:48:49

I would allow as may viewings as they ask tbh.

It's the most money you spend on anything ever and a huge decision. I've gone back and tried on a pair of boots more than 3 times before now! grin

underthemountain Thu 03-Oct-13 19:20:11

Thanks fcek, it's definitely a good sign that you've got an offer so soon.

FCEK Thu 03-Oct-13 18:35:05

I hope you get an offer soon underthemountain. I'm glad I got one as at least it means people are interested. I think if they were to up their offer, they wont go much higher. Still its only a month in, there's still time for more viewers to come.

underthemountain Thu 03-Oct-13 18:21:51

Congrats on the offer but sorry it's rubbish. Maybe they'll up it to something reasonable. I have no offers (even though three parties seemed interested) and no viewings lined up either, grrrrr.

FCEK Thu 03-Oct-13 17:25:12

Oh the agent said she was a cash buyer. Don't care. If we'd been selling a larger, higher price house then maybe but it's a small 2 bed semi. She seems to think its worth less than the smaller needing renovated house a few doors down that's up for sale. Ooooh I'm cross!

FCEK Thu 03-Oct-13 17:17:48

Very cheeky offer 15 thou below asking price which we have knocked back. We would consider a lower price but not that low. Yes we do want to sell but we aren't desperate! We don't have anywhere to move to yet.

Lagoonablue Thu 03-Oct-13 06:32:46

If you wAnt to sell then think you need to allow the viewings. If a ftb she is probably nervous. It is a big thing and actually more bizarre that we spend a ton of money on something we only see once or twice!

icklekid Thu 03-Oct-13 06:06:11

We had to view the house we are currently in 3 times. DH loved it but I wasn't bothered, then we missed out on the house I loved and we came back to this one- I took some persuasion! We love it now we are in but I needed that affirmation as its such a big decision!

FCEK Wed 02-Oct-13 20:06:34

bit wierd. First time the viewer came, she's probably around 20, very young, she came with her mum and 2 aunties. Second time was tonight, she came with her boyfriend and yet another auntie (what's with the aunties confused )

Said very little, implied she might come for yet another viewing hmm to which DH said we are going on holiday next week and we won't be taking any viewings until we return (don't want people noseying about our house whilst we are away. Was kinda hoping to have it sold by then).

I will NOT be allowing people to view my house more than twice. What more is there to see/ask? You either want it or you don't angry

FCEK Tue 01-Oct-13 18:38:40

Yippee. A second viewing. Fingers crossed.

FCEK Fri 27-Sep-13 16:18:12

I've never heard of needing an 'electrical report' before and it does sound like she's going to do a 'buy to let'. If she wants it done then get her to pay for it.

iamusuallybeingunreasonable Fri 27-Sep-13 14:34:08

I thought so too, I also wondered if she was actually doing buy to let really rather than for herself... I have said we will pay if its a condition, but ifs a nice to have she will have to do it - not a bottomless pit!!

I wouldn't have thought the electrics would be a condition of a mortgage offer, sometimes in the survey it recommends you get a full electrical report but its normally up to the buyer if they do or not. If I were you I'd want to tell them to bolt, but I know what it's like selling and worrying about losing a buyer.
I doubt very much someone would want to lose out on a house they were buying for the sake of £150 so sounds like she's chancing her arm trying to get you to pay it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now