The decluttering, cleaning, vacating, pandering, nailbiting antics of the stressed out house sellers goes on and on....

(427 Posts)
TerrysNo2 Mon 24-Jun-13 21:22:39

New thread!

Come share and despair smile

Good luck ghost! Hope DD doesn't mind a late tea.

We've just had an offer accepted on a house. I should feel happy, but I'm in knots thinking of all the things that can go wrong. Tell me to snap out of it! I'm just so desperate to get out of here.

PastaBeeandCheese Mon 15-Jul-13 18:38:44

Good luck ghost.

ghosteditor Mon 15-Jul-13 19:06:50

Thanks folks!

That's great enjoyingscience - hope it works out for you smile

FCEK Mon 15-Jul-13 19:29:41

Back garden is looking great, now to tidy the driveway and make DHs office a room again. Aim is still to get it on the market by end of the month!

rosieposey Mon 15-Jul-13 20:13:58

We took about 6 weeks to get our place ready, painted, new kitchen cupboards and flooring ect. I wish the valuation would hurry up and get done on the house we are buying as im anxious to get a mortgage offer. Its never definate till thats in the bag and youve exchanged.

Enjoyingscience thats good news smile fingers crossed it all goes smoothly for you!

Good luck to you too Ghost.

I packed 4 boxes today, i have a really nasty virus with awful sore throat, temperature and a big old neck from all the swollen glands - feel rubbish! I usually wont start packing till our buyers get their offer but given that their mortgage company has valued our house last week thats usually a good sign that things are moving nicely and i have a feeling they are going to want to move in here by the 3rd week in August. I dont want a repeat performance of the last time we moved and it was done in two weeks - what a shambles!

Well our mortgage company have taken the funds for the valuation but still no sign of them actually doing it - i can see not much time at all between exchange and completion the way this is going, as everybody on here points out ... its all sooooo sloooooowww!

Room for another one? We had our two bed flat valued on Friday and we're signing EA contracts on Thurs. I am so desperate to get moved - we've been planning to move for ages but finally have the ducks (almost) in a row to do it. EA's were all very optimistic and it's been valued at over £35k then this time last year (London/Surrey borders) which is great but I know we're going to have a fight to buy anything as its all moving so quickly. I keep seeing stuff on RM that looks ideal but it goes within a week. Hopefully we'll be able to find buyers that are happy to wait for us to find something as I really don't want to go into rented and move twice. Am worried my EA bullsh*t radar isn't finely tuned enough yet and we're aiming too high for the asking price but all three we had to value said the same price, so that should be ok right? [nervously chews fingernails]

JulieAnderton Tue 16-Jul-13 09:26:33

Wow, what a week! We only went on Rightmove last Tuesday and we've had six viewings, two no-shows angry and another viewing booked for tonight.

We've also had two offers! One from a cash buy-to-let investor and one from a first time buyer with mortgage in principle agreed.

The FTB's offer is £2.5k lower than the cash buyer, but there is a chance she might increase her offer. (And there is still a chance the cash buyer might go higher, but she has already increased her offer once).

My head is saying to go with the cash buyer - take the money and run!

But my heart is saying that it'll be nice to see our flat go to a first time buyer, even though there is more of a risk if the mortgage falls through etc. I've often complained in the past about first time buyers being outpriced by investors.

So many decisions!

doglover Tue 16-Jul-13 09:49:24

Hi everyone. Just a very quick update. Yes, we DID exchange on Friday and are moving this Friday! Massive amounts to do - hence this short message - and very little time to do it! As we're downsizing, we're frantically ebaying furniture, taking car loads to the tip and trying to clean in this sapping heat! Normally, I love the sun ............. not this week smile . I'm at work on Wed/Thurs so am feeling a tad stressed by it all.
I would like to say an enormous thank you to all of you who've offered so much advice and support since March. We're nearly there ..........and then have a year of renovation to undertake!!
You've helped provide perspective, wisdom and smiles for which I'm immensely grateful.
We've no internet access when we move in but will be back to update as soon as I can.

Thanks to you all. smile

monkeytennismum Tue 16-Jul-13 10:33:59

wine Congratulations doglover, that's great news! Good luck in your new home.

Jaynebxl Tue 16-Jul-13 10:56:30

Congratulations Doglover! We are moving next Wednesday when it is due to be well over 30c so I'm just glad I'm not a removal man!

Congratulations doglover. Good luck with the packing/ebaying etc!

Julie we found property was moving incredibly fast where we are. Everything seemed to disappear within days of going on. In the end, we've looked further west, where the market is moving a little bit more slowly.

WhoNickedMyName Tue 16-Jul-13 13:06:08

Can I join? smile

Our house went up on Right Move last week but photos only went live on Friday. EA says there have been a couple of phonecalls, (from nosey neighbours I suspect), and we have our first viewing tonight. I’m finishing work early to do yet another blitz/clean/tidy hide everything in the garage.

Houses in the price range that we are selling at are very slow moving in our area at the moment so we’ve worked out the minimum amount that we need to do the move that we want, and we’re not going to be silly and hang out for months or even years waiting for the asking price… The first person that offers what we need can have it.

I’d forgotten how stressful this whole process is, and we’re only at the very beginning!

Nellymay Tue 16-Jul-13 13:27:42

Hi can i join in? We sold our house in 4 days of it going onto rightmove and estate agent website!!!
our buyers haven't anything to sell and are cash buyers. our offer got accepted - its all systems go!!!

We are down sizing and frantically decluttering!! We're are 2nd marriages and dh has been in this house 30 years - there massive amounts of stuff - old photos, childrens games - my youngest dss is 35 surely he cant want all his child hood toys? I don't want to cart DH's first wife's family archive round and yet i want to be sensitive and respectful of their things - just had lost my temper having just found another crateful of old photos books old newspaper cuttings, etc

rubyrubyruby Tue 16-Jul-13 13:37:58

Argh Nelly. It's bad enough clearing out your own clutter without clearing someone else's! Good luck

Wah hay Dog! grin

ghosteditor Tue 16-Jul-13 14:19:25

congrats doglover that's awesome!

welcome to the newbies and good luck, hope your sale prospects go a bit better than mine are so far!

ghosteditor Tue 16-Jul-13 17:12:40

Last nught's viewer is bringing her partner back to look a few hours after he gets back into the country next week - sounds good but it's a 6.30pm appt, nightmare for work/putting DD to bed!

Goodness it is all nail bitting isn't it.
Congrats Doglover, enjoy your new home.
Well done Nelly, I hope the clutter clearing goes smoothly.
My Dh has taken an extra day off this week, once we accepted an offer, he took one look in his garage and realized he better get a shift on.

Had a viewer tonight and really couldn't tell if they liked it or not , really quiet and hardly spoke the whole time , they were first time buyers and ours was the first house they had seen .
They could make an offer tomorrow or absolutely hate it so I'm interested to hear their feedback
:-( just want to sell this bloody house

TerrysNo2 Wed 17-Jul-13 10:34:31

Hi all

We are back from a lovely 2 week break in Tuscany. I highly recommend it, its one of the most beautiful places I've been (and that includes Hawaii!)

Our buyer is having their mortgage valuation done on Monday, searches and enquiries are ongoing now so I think we should be ready to exchange when their mortgage offer comes in.

I am trying not to get too excited though because anything can happen but its looking positive at the moment.

Really pleased to see a few exchanges while I was away.

wonkylegs Wed 17-Jul-13 16:46:50

Urghh it's far to hot to be packing boxes, cleaning cupboards and scrubbing the oven. I'm excited to be moving but I wish I could be out in the sunshine rather than finding nine years of dust bunnies every time I move a piece of furniture.
Am holding off on defrosting the freezer until the last minute so we still have a supply of ice cubes & lollies.

ghosteditor Wed 17-Jul-13 19:16:42

I don't envy you today wonky! 32 degrees upstairs in my house sad

Can't wait to move...

WhoNickedMyName Wed 17-Jul-13 21:18:27

Had our first viewers last night... The estate agent was on the phone this morning at 9.05am to tell me they loved our house and had made an offer, which we've accepted at just 7k below our asking price.

Our EA spoke to theirs who confirmed that the sale on their house is proceeding swiftly so it looks good.

So it's a tentative excited squeak from me smile Having a little glass of wine to calm the nerves.

Well done who another success. grin

well done who!

2 notes of interest today :-) what a difference a day makes so now have 3 notes of interest 2 of which are first time buyers, fingers crossed they offer

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now