Looking for a grey paint - Little Greene or F&B - help!!!

(5 Posts)
sidebysides Fri 03-May-13 21:24:52

Thank you - I shall give it a go!

I think that colours look different at different times of the day and in different lights and they can have a 'tone' about them. A background colour I suppose. Some greys can look like they are edging towards green and some like they are edging towards blue.

I'm afraid I don't know how it would look. But I will say that if you like grey then go for it.

We covered a lot of wall with it and I was worried it would be too much, but it really isn't. It looks beautiful and doesn't look to dark or dingy.

sidebysides Fri 03-May-13 21:08:43

Thanks Prince

It's a very small wall with a fairly good size window. Coming out of the wall are white shelves and on the other side of the window is a dark wood tall boy.

That's partly why I'm painting it - the Tall Boy is new and it adds a different texture to the room. It seems to need a coloured wall behind it - it's been white till now.

How do you think LRG would look on that sort of wall?

And, sorry, I'm not a colour person - what does it mean to be have more green in a grey?

Our living room is painted lamp room gray. It is a big room and we really like it. It is more green than muddy, although is a real true grey. It is not as dark as we thought it would be. The Little Greene greys were really very green.

sidebysides Fri 03-May-13 19:38:35

I am only painting one wall and I can't decide.

F&B Lamp Grey is nice but I'm concerned that it will be a bit muddy

LG gauze looks nice...anyone? Mid/dark? Which is closer to Lamp Grey?

I just want a nice, clean, rich grey. All other walls and the window frame are white and floorboards are white, shelves are white - and I have a wood Tall Boy

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now