Please tell me why I should buy a Victorian house!

(57 Posts)
CuddyMum Thu 04-Apr-13 21:13:08

Well we've viewed a property today and are quite warming to the idea. It has refurbished sash windows, stripped floorboards, tiled hall, Arga kitchen, picture rails, open fires etc. but the thing is we're so used to living in a modern house on an estate in "magnolia ville" with laminate floors and gloss kitchen, double glazing etc. and I'm still getting my head around it all.

I'm looking for your views good and bad on living in and maintaining a Victorian house. smile

CuddyMum Tue 09-Apr-13 10:34:48

It's tight (very) but we are aiming for 7 weeks! We have to be out of our house before 25th May and our buyer is in rented. The people we are buying from are also going into rented.

Toomuchtea Tue 09-Apr-13 11:00:43

So glad it's all worked out. If it's the house I think, it's gorgeous. The dogs will love the Aga.

MinimalistMommi Tue 09-Apr-13 11:31:42

At Christmas time we did it in five weeks! So it can be done cuddy
I would love to see pics, pm me link? But I understand if you want to keep it private.

CuddyMum Tue 09-Apr-13 13:23:54

Thanks Toomuchtea.

Not linking just at the moment Minimalist smile

peppertree Tue 09-Apr-13 16:46:04

That's great news cuddymum, join the victorian house appreciation society!!
I love my victorian home most of the time!
Love their prettiness, character, odd shapes, uneven plastering, sash windows,nooks and crannies
If ever i think i would like a change,i only have to walk into a new build and i change my mind!
I hope you will love your victorian as much as i do
Good luck!

LizzyMcGuire Tue 09-Apr-13 19:00:46

I want to buy this house.

Someone just needs to give me a hundred grand or so, ta very much.

<covets>

CuddyMum Tue 09-Apr-13 19:43:24

That's very nice Lizzy. I can see why you like it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now